Chapter 19

I sat at the lunch table with no one to talk to. Jordan still hadn't returned from school, and Dakota and Chantell were on a field trip. I haven't seen Chelsea since the bitch slapped me. She's gonna get what's coming for her.

Kennedy and Cameron tried to make small talk with me but it wasn't working.

The squad wasn't the same anymore, we were divided, in just a matter of months.

I pulled out my phone and went on Instagram. I saw that Taylor posted a picture of her and Chelsea with the caption "The only girl I love ❤."

I smirked and decided to be petty. I commented "Goals❤."

Taylor looked at me as she seen my comment," Really?" She huffed.

"Yes y'all are just so cute." I sarcastically stated to the girl across from me.

Cameron bursted into laughter.

"You two need to stop this bullshit and get back together." Kennedy said.

I awkwardly bit my lip, and messed with my fingers.

"C'mon, we know y'all still love each other." Cameron smiled.

"Yeah, Taylor broke up with Chelsea last night because she said she's still not over you." Kennedy added.

Taylor slapped her on the back of her head.

"Ouch, sorry, but she needed to know."

"I gotta go." Taylor said getting up before I had a chance to say anything.

"Sooo, how's life." Cameron said changing the subject.

"Well, I have to figure out how to tell my girlfriend that I'm still in love with my ex." I huffed.

"Does pizza help?" Kennedy asked looking at my uneaten lunch.

"Take it." I chuckled as she took my slice.

"Jada, can I talk to you for a second?" Mariah said as she sat at the empty seat next to me.

"Sure, go ahead." I said.

Kennedy and Cameron raised their eyebrows and looked at us.

"Get on somewhere, find something to do."

The two girls got up and left us at the table alone.

"Wassup, long time no speak." I smiled.

"I kinda need your help." She hesitated.

"With?" I questioned.

"Well, I've been talking to this girl for a few months, nothing is official yet, she's straight and she doesn't want people to judge her for talking to me. She says she wants to be with me, but she's scared of what others would think. I think I'm in love with this girl. So the question is, how do I help her be comfortable with who she is, and tell everyone about us."

Her words took me a bit off guard, Mariah used to always come to me for advice, but ever since we broke up, we've been distant.

"Well you can't rush her into this." I started." You have to show her that there is nothing or no one to be afraid of, other people opinions shouldn't matter in love."

"She's not so scared of what others would think, but more of what a friend of hers would think. One of her closest friends is my ex."

"Well, look at you. You always got yourself into some shit. Who is this girl?"

"Chantell."

I bursted into laughter," I always knew that bitch was gay."

Mariah raised her eyebrow," You're not mad?"