Part One- Ten Chairs

Ivy

I woke up. It was dark, pitch black. I ran my hand along the floor, cold, gritty cement it must be dirty.
As tried to sit up, pain erupted from my right temple and my head started spinning. Pushing back the pain and the nausea I crawled as far as I could In one direction feeling along as I went. I didn't go far before my hand met a wall, more cold, hard cement.

----------

I don't know how long I lay there, it could have been hours, days even, all I knew was hunger, it consumed me. I lay there running through my memories, trying to recall how I came to be here, but I couldn't work it out. I grasped onto the few memories that remain, my childhood home, the smiling faces of my parents, and my name, Ivy, Ivy Moore.

The sound of the man thumping down the stairs towards my room pulled me from my thoughts. Food was shoved through the thin flap at the bottom of the thick steel door followed by a bottle of water. It became so much more bearable when I found the light switch and started receiving food. Screaming for help doesn't work, it always resulted in some sort of gas being released and me waking up again who knows how long later.

I began to eat my food but stopped at the sound of screaming, drawing closer and closer. Another door somewhere else closed with a crunch and the sound of fists against metal echoed outside my room.

The screaming continued for several minutes before it suddenly died down, I guessed that they had received their first dose of that awful gas, the gas that teaches you to behave. I'm not sure how many people are down here but it is not the first time I had heard screaming and the clang of a metal door.

The sound of footsteps storming towards my door caused me to back into the corner of the room, only to emerge when I saw something being roughly shoved under my door. I crawled towards it and slowly picked it up, it was a dress, a white, knee length, frilly dress. I thew it away disgusted. As if I was going to wear what some psychopath was giving me.

I sat in the corner of the room throwing a pebble against the wall until I heard doors opening and closing, and finally heard the groan of my door being opened. A man entered the room and came towards me, rage filled his eyes as he looked at me, before I could move he lifted my up by my hair and threw me across the room, I pushed back the tears that threatened to escape.

"How dare you" he snarled lifting me up and pinning me to the wall "after all I did"
"Besides kidnap me, what have you done for me" I snapped before spitting in his face,
My comment fuelled his anger and he slapped me hard in the face,
"Put it on" he said motioning to the dress on the floor
Defeated I picked up the dress and began peeling off my filthy clothes that I had been wearing since arrival and slipping the cool, soft fabric over my head, all while his sick, perverted eyes watched.
"Isn't that better!" He said in a sing song voice while wrapping his cold fingers around my arm leading me out of the room.

We walked down a brightly lit hall past many doors just like mine, all of which were open, and through a large door at the end of the hall. As my eyes adjusted to the dim lighting I saw ten chairs all in a circle facing each other, nine of which were full, all girls, and an empty one, which I assumed was mine. The man strapped me roughly into the chair and them walked out of the room slamming the door behind him.

As I looked around the circle I saw faces filled with fear, silence filled the room until a girl a few seats to my left spoke up,
"Does anyone know what is going on?", everyone shook their heads
"I can't take this much longer" cried another girl
"Maybe we can overpower him, maybe we can make it out" I said feeling slightly uncomfortable as all gazes fell upon me,
"I don't know about the rest of you but I'm don't think I could, by the looks of things we are all weak from the little food we get and the lack of sunlight and honestl-" the girl next to me trailed off as the door bust open as the man sauntering came stopping in the middle of our circle.

"You should all be honoured to be here" he boomed motioning to each of us in turn, one girl scoffed but he ignored it and continued,
"One of you gets to leave here, the rest of you... don't" he said with a sick gleam in his eye.
He tuned toward the girl who scoffed at him,

"I suggest we all play a little game. Do you like games?",
She stayed silent
"Do You Like Games" he screamed at her, his fist colliding with her cheek, spit flying out of his vile mouth
"Y-Yes" she stammered, chocking back tears.
I felt sorry for her, but I was secretly glad that it wasn't me.
"Yes, SIR" he screamed slapping her across the other cheek,
"Yes, sir" she whispered with her head hung low in fear

"One rule" he said backing towards the door, "loser dies"

-------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for reading the first part of innocent games, don't forget to comment and vote if you like the story, that would be really encouraging!
I hope you enjoyed, this is the first book I'm writing that is not short story so your support would be great,
Thanks again!
XxX