Some amount of minutes passed, and neither of us had said anything.

"Did you accept it?" I asked a different question. I didn't make an effort to look at him. The only things that seemed to be relaxing me right then, were the massive palm trees that passed by.

"No."

My head snapped over to look at him. His face was expressionless, and I was shocked.

"W-why not?" I sputtered. I fully expected the answer to be yes.

"I don't want it."

"Then why didn't you just tell me?"

"They asked me not to."

Over 3 months ago, he told me that he'd rejected the offer. He told me that he didn't tell me because they didn't want me knowing about it. And, just like that, he complied.

Obviously, he'd done the same thing again—this time, he'd signed the contract.

He signed a fucking record deal without telling me. He knew better than anyone how fucked up the industry is. He knew how nothing was ever the way it's believed to be—that not everything is typed up in Font 7, Times New Roman. There are secrets, and lies, and cheats, and manipulations.

I took a few deep breaths. I was being ridiculous. Harry could make his own decisions, and never would I ever stop or delay him from something he wanted.

But I would sure as hell could urge him to sign to a different label. The two of us sharing a label was only asking for a shitload of unwanted PR.

It didn't even matter that we were already dating. It would still be considered a PR stunt if our publicists set up a romantic evening in Paris, France for the two of us. Stunts like that lead to reluctancy in a relationship. It can make everything feel forced and fake, and the next thing you know, the "relationship" is simply a good 'ol, classic publicity stunt between two artists.

After reading the first page of the contract, I found out that he was signed on for two albums. A couple more bullshit pages later, I found out he'd finished 13 songs already—AKA album number one.

I crossed my legs and leaned my back against our bed as I read onto page 4. After that, I felt like my eyes were burning so bad. It got to the point that they'd started to water.

No. I was full on crying.

Oh for God's sake, Jessica. The world's not going to end because he didn't let you in on the biggest decision of his life.

My heart just about left my chest when I heard the mechanical sound of a key card being used on the door. It swung open and Harry's tall figure walked in.

He locked eyes with me, a soft smile on his face. He turned to the side to take off his shoes, then did a double take. He then seemed to completely notice that his was girlfriend sitting on the floor wearing nothing but his t-shirt and panties, crying with a packet full of secrets in her lap.

"Jessy?" His voice dripped with confusion and concern.

Maybe he missed the packet of secrets part.