Chapter 5- Trail Ride

Ryder's POV:
"Rise and shine! Time for some fun!" Ellie giggled as she ran down the stairs. I put on a pair of jeans and a red plaid shirt and tucked it in, then put on my belt. I slipped on my boots and walked downstairs to Ellie.

She was in the dining room. There were two plates of bacon, eggs, and toast. "Eat up! Big day ahead of us!" Ellie exclaimed. I ate breakfast and so did she. Then we ran outside and into the barn. "Okay put the saddle on West! I got Vincenzo!" She exclaimed. We put the saddles on the horses and walked them outside. Then we both got on the horses and she led the way.

"Make sure West has his head up or he might just lay down on you!" She chuckled at the thought but it just made me nervous.

After a while of beautiful scenery, we were on a dirt road back to the barn.

Before I knew it, we arrived. "There's not too much out here, is there?" She sighed. "No billboards or busy streets? That's a world I'd love to live in." I smiled and she was beyond elated.

We washed our horses and then brushed them. After we did more chores, we had the rest of the day to do whatever we wanted.

An idea popped into my head.

We both went back to the house as I thought more about my idea and what to do. I ran outside and opened the back of the pick up.