Chapter 13

"I want you to focus on me Nyla, I don't want you to lose it in front of the council."

I snap my eyes up to his.

"And if I do?"

He closes his eyes "Nyla they will kill you for even not looking presentable, you can't make them angry."

I left yesterday morning, Brody insisted that as my mate he attends, it's not like I had much of a choice just seemed like it made him feel better that I had agreed to it.

I glance at the doors to my right, behind those doors is part of my life, behind those doors is the me that was taken from me so long ago.

"I'll do what I want in a way I want, not even a foolish council can stop me."

Before I can turn around he grabs my face in his hands and slams his lips to mine.

"Nyla your my mate."

I suck in a breath, knowing exactly what that is. How am I capable of being loved?

He kisses my lips so slow I'm starting to get the hint he's trying to stall me.

I close my eyes and set my hand on his, that is still resting on my cheek.

"I'll be careful." I give one last kiss to his lips and walk into the big screeching doors. All black hoods, no faces to be seen, no voices to be heard.

The silence is short lived.

"So your the fragile young Nyla everyone is speaking about." 

The voice is so demanding and loud I squeeze my eyes shut and try to calm the ringing in my ears down.

"You want proof I'm not evil."

They all take there hoods off one by one, making me gasp.They all look like regular everyday humans. They just watch me making me sigh.

"my mother, I don't know her story, I don't know if she was brought back or just never died, she's after Rhyley."

"Your brother." A beautiful woman confirms. I nod and meet all of there eyes.

"Along with my mate, Alpha Brody, she wants to hurt the ones I love."

"Why should we help you?"

I chuckle and walk up to them.

"Well you want me to prove my loyalty to the good, and you want my mother gone just as much as I do. The real question is why shouldn't you?"

They all look at each other, considering my proposal.

"May I remind that I'm an unknown supernatural spices, doesn't that just make you wonder?" 

"Alright!"

The male voice booms.

"We protect your loved ones, but for a price."

Damnit. Fine, as long as they are protected, I could care less what the price is.

"Is the death of my mother and my known race not enough?"

"You asking us to put ourselves in natures way, in the way of life's natural courses."

"What natural--" I stop and use my head.

"They were going to die?" I question.

"Yes, your mother kills them both, you can leave this as is and let it happen, for that we can insure your protection and gratitude, or we protect them but for a price."

Sounds like an easy choice to me.

"What's the price?"

They all smile creepy smiles, ones that would send chills through Satan.

"Your soul."