Chapter 8

"Hey ho- I like tomatoes!" Rhyley screams plopping a salted tomato into his mouth then humming.

He's so- strange... - and awkward. I shake my head and watch him cook something with chicken and veggies mixed together then he's going to put noodles in and garlic-- ok anyway, let's just say he thinks he's a chef.

"Ugh, Rhyley ." Brody groans rubbing his temple.

I punch my lips to stops myself from smiling. "I need music." Brody grunts then turns off the stool into The living room.

The smell of cooked bell peppers and other veggies along with the chicken invade my nose.

My phone rings making me look down at it, still shaking my head as he screams the lyrics to the song Brody put on.

Brody.

His smile, his smell, the way he looks at me with something I haven't seen since my parents were alive. I found a book in our library about ancient wolves, yeah I know I read crazy.

Mates, the tingle feeling the odd amount of attraction and the need to fuck the daylights out of each other.

But that's another thing, he touched me, multiple times, and the way he looks at me and treats me like he was created to protect me. He's an Alpha, he already knows about mates in one of the first things they learn.

He already knows.

My heart drops and I pinch my lips. O shit, I forgot I got a text.

-We need to meet Nyla, I have some news you might want, I want the drugs too, The train trussle 2hours.-

Soren. He's an ass and thinks he's better then everyone, only because he has the power to cause mental pain.

I have known him a while though, he's helped me through a lot, he's annoying and I want to avoid him, but like he said he has something I might and to know.

"Who was that love?"I suck in a breath as Brody's chest rubs against my back. His strong tan arms on both side of me trapping me against the counter island.

Tingles shoot through my forearms as his skin touches. I keep a straight face even though I want to scream at how amazing it feels. I want to just take all his clothes off and poke him every where just to feel the tingles.

Yeah I'm weird.

I just stare at him and shrug. He frowns.

"Why won't you talk? We got you to talk once." He says the last part more to himself.

I don't want to talk. I'll only talk when necessary.

"She's a mute Broskey. Don't be stupid now." Broskey? Really Rhyley.

"I'll change that." He says glaring behind me. He leans in and peppers a kiss on the corner of my mouth.

I want to lean in but the part that's scared to get close as me staying right where I am.

He walks away opening the fridge and getting a power aid out.

"I'm going out, don't wait up." I mumble my voice cracking almost every word.

"Who there speedy mc speedster. This is a sleep over, no one leaves, we spend time with each other." Rhyley try's to reason.

Brody walks over setting his bottle down and leaning in the counter with a stern look.

"After what happened today you aren't going anywhere, definitely not alone." His voice hard.

I just look at him with a glare. "I'll be back, I'll call you when I get there and on my way back?" I offer.

Rhyley frowns at my crackly voice, grabbing the power aid from the counter and handing it to me.

I roll my eyes and shove it back into his chest.
"I wasn't asking if I could go, I'm leaving and that's the end of discussion." I say coldly then slamming the door on my way out.

I walk enjoying the sunset, I then decide to shift to get there faster.

I shift behind a tree as I arrive. I walk into the clearing just as he turns from the lake to me with a big teasing smirk.

I keep my face right and void of emotion.

"Soren."

••••••••

Ok I'm so fricken sorry! I was supposed to update but stuff happened and blah blah, so I wrote this short chapter up. Next one WILL be bigger. This was also written from my phone so sorry for any errors. Peace and Sorry again. Don't forget to vote! 💖😘