First Task:

WELL GUYS! HERE WE ARE! *jumps in excitement* I hope everyone will have fun! I can't tell you how excited I was to post this! As I said before, this round will be a dry run. A practice round. So, again, I will explain how this will work. I will give you the task, and you will write said task. Once you have the task done, you will post it with the hashtag #Tlkwrites and #wpcontest You will then mention me, and the judges in the post, so we can find it. Does that make sense? Okay, for this round, I will not expect much. You will do the tasks, and each task counts as so many points. The points will add up to a total of 80. (again, this is a dry run, so you will not be eliminated) 

GuardOfMirkwoood

SashaSteveBlair

These are the judges, incase you forgot. NOW FOR THE TASKS! 

Prompt: I want you to write a story on the word "water"   20 Points

How Prompt will work, is I give you the word (water) and you use it for inspiration. The said word either has to be mentioned in the story, or has to be referenced to in some way. 

Length: I want the story to be 1000 words long. You can go over if you wish, but do not exceed 1500 words. You cannot go under 900 words.  30 Points  

What I Want To See: The judges will be given a list of things to judge on. However, there are some things I want to make clear to you. Stay true to the characters. Have a strong ending. And last but not least, I want to see either Humor, or Sadness. Those are my requirements for this. However, each round, my requirements will change in some way. This is to keep up the challenge. These will earn you another 30 points, which will bring the total up to 80

This round is meant to be simple. Whatever writing style you have, you can use it in this. However, as the competition goes on, it will get a lot harder. Now, you can use any character you want. Silmarillion, The Hobbit, LOTR. Whatever. It just has to be Tolkien, and it has to take place in Middle Earth (Or Beleriand in the Silmarillion's case) In the next few rounds after this, there will be bonus points. If you have any questions, or if there is any confusion, do not be afraid to ask. 

Deadline for this task is April 10th 

Let me know if you need more time! I have tagged all the participants! 

Anyone who wants to enter last minute may do so before April 1st! 

sohfeeah

jordieblob16

Stars_Alight

riverdaughter1703

GerithorDunedain

blackfeather69