Steve x Reader: A Soft Fighter

Requested by: @Pietromccartney

Enjoy.
________

"Everyone, I would like you to meet your new teammate, Y/N L/N. Say hello." Agent Coulson declared, patting your back.

"Sup." You murmured, shoving your hands in your pockets.

S.H.E.I.L.D had figured out about you after a story of how you saved a dreary town in Arizona from falling into a drought. Using your water powers, you were able to sustain the small town with water for a few months before rescue workers could come in and fix the problem. Earlier in your 'superhero' career, you had tamed numerous forest fires that went awol and stopped a few criminals from robbing a couple of banks. You would only rely on your powers while your partner in crime, aka your best friend, Tiana, would use her fighting skills if necessary. Unfortunately, she didn't make the Avengers cut, so here you were. In an unknown place with no friends.

"What's your power, sweetie? Probably something stupid like flight, right?" A tall-ish man with a goatee said with a chuckle. You unleashed a powerful blast of ice cold water towards the man, throwing him off his feet.

"If you ever insult my power again, it won't be cold water that you get blasted with next time." You snarled as he stared at you with wide eyes.

"Sorry about him. He's just like that." You turned to the side to find a tall man with light blond hair walking towards you. His crystal blue eyes sparkled with happiness as he shook your hand, his strong grip catching you by surprise.

"Steve Rodgers, at your service, ma'am." He smiled, pulling away. You could feel your cheeks heating up as you looked down at his muscled torso, which was defined perfectly with a tight light blue shirt. His light wash-down jeans were loose around his defined legs, his calfs lightly flexed under the fabric.

After you finished ogling at Steve, everyone came up and introduced themselves. You figured out that the man with the goatee who insulted you earlier was the famous Tony Stark, who annoyed you to no end.

"Y/N, before you get settled in, my associate, Melissa, will be measuring you for a costume." Coulson said, gesturing to the short woman beside him. With a snap of his finger, she was at your side with a tape measure.

"Ooo, a costume. That's fun." You murmured with a hint of sarcasm.

You took a look at the sketch that Melissa made of your costume with the measurements she got of you.

"That's good. Just add in some hues of blue and white and a protective under layer and it's perfect." She nodded and fluttered out of the room.

You were about to grab your bags when a light brown hand grabbed them for you.

"Let me get those for you, Y/N." Bruce insisted, slinging your duffel bag over his shoulder.

"Thank you. You're pretty nice for a famous scientist, Mr. Banner."

"Well, unlike Stark over there, I'm not an asshole." He chuckled, placing your bags on the ground in your new room.

"So, I'll see you guys at dinner?"

"Yep. I hope you like it here, Y/N." He shut the door behind him as you flopped onto your bed.

I hope I do.

~Time skip brought to you by Loki trying to rap Epic Rap Battles of History~

"So, Lady Y/N, did you have any family back in the state of Arizona?" Thor asked, chewing on his bread roll.

You swallowed loudly, taking a sip of water.

"I did, actually. I have a mom and a big sister back home. But my mom is afraid of me." You stated.

"Why would she be afraid of you?" Natasha questioned, sipping on her wine.

"When I first got my powers, after I almost drowned in a river that was considered 'holy', she started calling me a goddess, as if I wasn't one already.One day, my powers went crazy and ended up destroying the next town over. My mother freaked out, saying that if she didn't lock me up, she would get killed too. So she locked me up in our basement for almost all of my life." You explained, your head down.

"Is your sister afraid of you?" Steve wondered as he tapped his fingers against the table.

"Not at all. She actually loved my power, even if  it got out of control." You grinned, remembering when you and your sister would play around in the water together.

Everyone was silent for a few minutes, taking in your story. Tony stood up, taking his empty plate with him.

"Well, goodnight everyone." He said, leaving the dining room.

"Goodnight, Stark. By the way, Y/N, tomorrow we will be starting training. I will be helping you out with that" Steve stated as he finished  off his plate.

"Yes sir." You answered sarcastically, putting your hand up in a mock salute.

Even though it seemed like you weren't affected by having to train with Steve at all on the outside, you were casually fangirling on the inside.

Training with one of the cutest guys on the team?  That aught to be interesting.

________________
IM SO SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED MUCH IVE BEEN GONE ON MY TRIP!!!

Any ways, this will be a two part one-shot (since I needed to post something or else I was afraid that you guys would riot).

There should be more romance in the second part so *wink* *wink*

And also, I'm still trying to work on the first smut in my Avengers Smut book. I'm trying to work on it only when I'm alone and don't have anyone looking over my shoulder. The first smut will be: A sweet Steve x Reader smut!

Well, hope you guys enjoyed this!

LUV YA BUNCHES! ;3

~Zoe