Chapter 19

Emily

I went downstairs and went to Daniel waiting for me in the kitchen.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Visiting time is over. I want you and me to spend some quality time together before our wedding."

I nodded. "Come on. Let's buy some snacks then let's watch a movie." He grabbed my hand and grabbed his car keys.

We went outside to his car. I inhaled the fresh air while I had the chance.
I've been in that stinky house for two months, I think? And I already missed the bloodless smell of the air.

I went inside his car and he started the engine and drove to a store.

We parked infront of the store, but before we stepped out of the car he gave me some shades.

I tok it and asked, "What's this for?"

"They might recognize you. And please, try to act normal." He stepped out of the car. I put thr shades on and followed him.

He went inside the store and grabbed a basket and started to take some snacks. I saw a pack of gum and grabbed one.

I walked to him and asked, "Can I have this?"

"Sure, grab anything you want."

I grabbed some chocolate Crunch and some milk. I placed it in the basket, then we walked to the counter.

He placed the items on the counter then the lady began to swipe it.
Please notice me. Please call the police.
I looked up to the tv and saw Derek being interviewed.

A tear fell from my eye and I placed my hand over my mouth. He's... He's looking for me. I thought he had forgotten me already.

The lady turned then she froze.

I looked at Daniel's hand reaching for his back. The lady gently picked the phone up, and started to dial.

"Drop the fucking phone if you don't want blood all over your shirt." Daniel said threatningly.

The lady dropped the phone and turned to us.

"Get the groceries." I obeyed not hesistating.

"Please. Don't kill me." The lady sobbed.

Daniel smirked, "No can do, bitch." He pulled the trigger.

The lady's head exploded, her limp body fell to the cold ground.

"Let's go." He pulled my hand and dragged me to the car. Daniel opened the passenger's seat then pushed me in.

He started the engine and reversed the car.

The trip was silent, he finally spoke.
"I'm sorry that you have to see that."

I remained silent, stil shocked from what I saw.

I saw my reflection on the window amd saw drops of blood on my face and my shirt.

I looked down and saw the car door was unlocked.

Should I do this?