Chapter 12

Emily

I went downstairs to drink something. Then I heard Daniel talking on the phone.

I hid upstairs and listened to their conversation.

"No! Don't come here! The- Hello? Hello?! Fuck!" Then he looked at me.

"Oh, you're there. I guess we'll be expecting a guess later tonight. So I want you to be calm when you see her." He said, smiling.

Her?! A girl knows that I'm here. She must've helped him kidnap me. I nodded. I went to the kitchen and drank water.

He held me on the waist and turned me around then kissed me. Instead of pushing him and arguing with him, I just go with it so no one woukd get hurt because of me.

When he let go, he smiled at me. I just gave him a blank exoression.

He started to cook something, I left the kitchen and walked around.

I went upstairs and went to the end of the hall. I've been here for weeks but I didn't had the chance to check the other rooms.
But at the end of the hall, there were 2 doors. I opened the first door to the left and saw papers, lots of it.

I walked in and brushed off the spider webs infront of my way. Then something shiny caught my attention. I walked to it and saw a heart-shaped jewelry box. I opened it and saw a diamond ring that has a little piece of paper attached to it that says:

Will you marry me, Sharlene?
I've been waiting so long for this, and now is the time, for you to be mine.

He... He loved another woman.
I looked down once again and saw a voice recorder. I played it. I heard a woman's voice,

"Marry you?! Are you crazy?! We just met!" The woman said.
"But... But I love you! And what I feel is real." A man's voice said, which I believe is Daniel's.
"No. What you feel is just a joke. We just freakin' met!. I'm sorry, but I have to ask you to leave." The woman said.

I heard foot steps in the tape. I don't know who's.

"Sharlene! Please! I can't live without you!"
Daniel shouted.
"No! Stay away from me you freak! Leave, before I call the cops." I heard a phone picked up.
"Fine... If you're not going to be mine. NO ONE CAN." The last sentence was more evil toned.

All i heard after was screaming. He killed that girl...

That was the end of the tape.

"Oh my God..." I looked down and started shuffling the newspapers. Then I saw this, 21 year old girl, found dead in her own home. It was written in red.

Then I saw another one, Mr. and Mrs. Smith found dead in bed, 12 stab wounds were found in Mrs. Smith's back and 1 stab wound on her head, while police found 16 stab wounds on Mr. Smith's back and 3 stab wounds on his head. The knife was found stuck inside Mr. Smith's head, but no finger prints were found. Their son, Daniel Smith, is nowhere to be found. The polices' investigation states that Daniel Smith, commited the murder of Dexter Smith and Mary Anne Smith. He... He killed his own parents. But... He told me that his parents are dead, and he needed a place to stay.

Oh my God. He planned this whole thing.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•