"Oh. He told you, huh? Hold on just one moment. I'll quickly just tell him not to call him unless I'm there, too." He heard rustling, and heard Ryan talking. "Honey, look. Papa and us, we live in different places, right?"

"Yeah?"

"So when you call Papa, it's a different time for him. Even though it's just ten o'clock for us, it's very early for him, and he was sleeping."

"Oh. Okay. Can I play your ukulele?"

She sighed. "Oh, alright. Just don't call Papa unless I'm in the room too, okay?"

"Okay!"

She brought the phone back to her ear. "Okay. Sorry, Hunt, I should've put my phone somewhere he couldn't reach."

"Ryan, it's fine, seriously. Now, tell me about the nightmare."

"It was nothing."

"Ryan."

She sighed. "I told you. Nothing. It was a one-off thing."

"You know I don't believe that."

"It was nothing more than a bad dream. It woke me up. That's all."

"Woke you up and yet it was enough to make you shake in fear?"

"I..."

"Ryan. Answer me."

She sighed. "Yes, Hunter. I was... it was just the same thing as always. Peter."

He seemed quiet. "Ry, I don't like that you're-"

"Stop. I'm fine. I told you, it's rare. I won't have another. If I do, I'll tell you."

"You weren't going to tell me about this one, were you? How many more were you hiding from me, Ry?"

"You're trying to make an argument out of nothing," she said patiently and gently. Hunter was reminded strongly of time from before they were even dating- the time that Patricia Raine had had all her paint and glitter wasted in two pranks by the same student. "Hunter, I promise. I pinky promise, even. There is nothing to fear. I'm fine."

He pursed his lips. "I don't like this, Ry."

"I'm fine. I promise."

He sounded resigned. "Promise you'll tell me if something bad happens?"

"Of course. Nothing bad will happen. Nightmares are just that- nightmares. I'm okay. I promise."

"I don't want you having a panic attack."

"I haven't had one for a long time now," she said, though she sounded slightly tense now.

He thought for a moment. "You're lying to me."

"Hunter."

"When was the last time?"

She hesitated, and Hunter said, "Ry, I ain't asking again."

"Last month."

"Last mo- Ryan, why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I knew that you would react this way." She sighed. "Hunt, please. Don't make a big deal out of this. I had Spencer, and he stayed with me. That was enough."

"Ryan, please, don't keep stuff like that from me. I know I worry, but that's because-"

"I know. I love you, too. I just hate seeing you so worried over such a minor thing."

"It's not minor."

"It is. I pinky promise."

"I'm gonna trust you."