Chapter Thirty One

Start from the beginning

"C'mon," the familiar Irish accent mumbled and then Niall's arm grabbed mine and he pulled me forwards, past the grabbing hands and the crying faces. I barely even registered the madness around me, my thoughts were stuck on the fact that I should be on the other side of the bodyguards with those girls, not here being hauled along by the popstar we all loved.

In a few seconds we were inside the quieter terminal building and I could breathe again. We kept going, supervised by security, until we reached the VIP lounge. So much for being able to breathe again. There, right in front of my eyes, stood the whole of One Direction. Not to mention one fourth of Little Mix, too. I reached down blindly for Niall's hand and when I found it I squeezed it so hard he let out a pained 'ouch'.

A few eyes flicked up to us when they noticed Niall stood there.

"Niall!" Harry called happily and strode over to where we were stood next to the door. Niall tugged on my arm forcefully when I refused to let go and he eventually managed to free his hand so he could give Harry a hug. I almost cooed at the cuteness of seeing my first Narry hug in the flesh. "Emma, right?" the Cheshire boy said as he pulled away from Niall.

"Yeah, hi." I smiled and cheered in my brain for sounding like a normal, functioning person. Until Harry leaned over and pecked my cheek, that was. The smile froze on my face and I felt like I'd been having botox for years. Luckily, Harry had moved away and it was only Niall that noticed my zombie state.

"Ems!" Niall chuckled and I finally managed to relax my face.

"Harry Styles!" I hissed at him. "Harry Styles on m-my face!" I touched my cheek. Niall burst out into uncontrollable giggles so I stomped on his foot. "Don't bring more attention over to us!" I looked around worriedly. "I can only handle one new person at a time."

Niall lifted his knee and rubbed his foot, scowling, before pulling me over to an empty sofa. We sat down and I leaned into his side for support. I felt like I'd just swam through a tsunami, I was exhausted and overwhelmed. It was mad to think this was Niall's everyday life.

"You okay?" Niall mumbled and pressed a gentle kiss into my tied up hair.

"Mm," I mumbled contently, because I was now.

Zayn waved to Niall from where was sitting across the room and I was quite relieved when he didn't come over. I didn't think I could handle meeting the Bradford boy who looked like he'd been carved by Greek gods just yet. Liam hadn't arrived, but suddenly Louis bounded over from the bar and leaped on us. Again.