Fallen

When I was little, I believed in everything. If I see it, I would believe in it. I used to always watch Disney movies and would love their happy endings. I used to always love fairy tale movies. I love how the characters ended happily ever after. The more I watched these movies, the more I believed that someday I would find my prince, my knight in shining armor. My belief even grew stronger every time I would see my mom and dad together. What they showed me made me believe even more that it happens in real life, right in front of me.

I believed in destiny. I believed in the soul mates and happy endings. But, key word is believed. It's past tense.

When I turned 15, my parents divorced. I badly wanted to know what happened. Did they fall out of love or was the sparkle gone?

It turns out that there was never a sparkle, no zing like what Dracula had for his wife in Hotel Transylvania. They never fell in love with each other. It turns out that it was all based on the marriage contract. They just signed the papers because they were forced. They let someone else control their life, their love life.

I wasn't made from love. I was made from the contract. My dad, he tried to love my mom, but the thing is you can't force your love for someone. As for my mom, she didn't even try. She had 15 years to make it right, to try to feel for my dad at least. Nothing is what she does. I grew up believing that love is real. Once you find it, you will be completed. I believed that you just have to find your perfect match. I thought my parents were a happy ending until I find out they just had an agreement.

15 years, I have spent believing in true love. Ever since then, I hated watching Disney princess movies. I hate how these movies have lied to me. There is no happy ending. There is no prince who will come and save the day. There is no soul mate or perfect match. There is just a marriage contract that each individual must abide. Ever since I found out about the truth from my dad, the less I had trust for my mom.

For the passed years, my mom has been encouraging me to try getting into a relationship. She wants me to try getting a boyfriend and start believing in love again. She said that being in love is good. I don't believe her anymore. The more she pursues me to find love, the more I get furious at her and dad. I still can't stand the fact that it was all a fixed marriage. 

I hated relationships, boyfriends, and sappy, romantic things.

That was until I met Jai Art. The more time I spend with him, the more I feel something for him. My feelings started developing the day I begin to question myself if I was worth loving by Jai. No, I did not a see a sparkle once I laid eyes on him. No, we did not have a zing. When I first laid my eyes on him, I did not expect for us to be something more than just acquaintance or friends. I did not see it coming, neither did he.

I used to not believe in destiny and love. I used to not believe in soul mates and happy endings. Then I met him. I felt something for him that I have never felt for anyone else.

Jai Art completes my day. He makes me whole. Thanks to him, there may be a possibility that I might just believe in true love, destiny, and soulmates.

Thanks to Jai Art, I think I have finally felt how it feels like to fall in love. I've fallen for him, but now, I don't know if he has, too.

"Flowers for a beautiful lady!" Someone snapped me out of my reverie as I see a bouquet of flowers in front of me.

"Jai, what did I say about giving me flowers?" I complained then he brings it down so I can see his face. "Chocolates are okay because I love them." I added, shrugging.

"Who said that these are for you?" He smirked then I feel the red appearing on my cheekbones. I stare at him in disbelief. 

"Then who is it for?" I asked, folding my arms.