Chapter 11 : The car ride to New York

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

"No problem."

I was holding in all my emotions, which was hard because I was exhausted. I just wanted to curl up with a blanket, and cry. But obviously, I'm not going to do that. And being so overtired, makes me feel like I'm losing my control...

"Kids! We leave in 15 minutes! Make sure you have everything! Make sure you use the bathroom! Make sure you have a drink and breakfast!" Mom shouted.

I looked over at Riker on the couch. I was pretty sure he was asleep.

I quickly used the bathroom, and then grabbed myself a water bottle and a cereal bar. And then I grabbed a water and cereal bar for Riker, too.

I walked outside holding the water and food.

"Where am I sitting, mom?" I asked.

"You're sitting in the very back, with Riker."

Oh joy... I get to sit next to Mr.Grumpypants for 30 hours!

I put the water and food in my seat, and then I put my backpack on the floor where my feet would go.

Almost everyone was outside. But Riker was missing. I went inside, and found him lightly snoring on the couch.

I poked his arm gently, and he woke up.

"Um... We're leaving... Now... So..."

Riker got up, and followed me out to the car. I climbed over the seat, and shoved the water bottles and cereal bars in my backpack for later. I buckled my seatbelt while Riker climbed over and sat next to me.

Dad started the car, and started driving.

"We're officially on vacation!" Mom said, obviously excited.

Later...

Jeff POV

"Mom."

"What, Riker? Or are you Jeff?"

"It's Riker."

Riker was obviously annoyed. He has a bad attitude...

"I need to use the bathroom."

"Riker, it's been like 45 minutes since we left home. Didn't you go before we left?"

"No... I was sleeping."

"Well you're going to have to wait. Our first rest stop isn't scheduled until a little later."

Riker sighed, annoyed, and leaned his head on the window.

But you know what? It serves him right. After all that pain he's put me through, he can be uncomfortable for the next however many minutes.

If Riker's attitude ever changes, this vacation might be fun. And it's my first vacation with my real family. I want to remember it.

Later...

Jeff POV

Ross turned around in his seat, looking at Riker.

"Hey, Riker. Want some water?" Ross said, shaking his water bottle.

"Shut up, Ross."

"Riker Anthony Lynch! Language!" Mom yelled from the front.

"Tell him not to torture me!"

"I only asked if he wanted some water. I was being a nice younger brother."

Ross shook the water bottle again, but Riker grabbed it this time. And he tried throwing it at Ross, but he missed, and it went flying up to where mom and dad were.

Long Lost Brotherजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें