Chapter 16 - Back to the Boring Old Life

Long time? I knowwww, don't kill me though! you don't know the ending. Only I know it..."Evil Laugh*

This past week has been though globally. We've lost so many people! Like even yesterday, there was a blast in a children's park in (Lahore) Pakistan. My prayers go for everyone!

May Allah protect us all!

__________

Unedited (Cause it's like 4 in the morning!)

Aisha's POV

It had been 2 hours since our flight landed in Pakistan and for some reason no one came to pick us up at the airport. We stood there awkwardly waiting in the intense heat (Yes I know the airport was air-conditioned but it was still boiling, okay!) - If we stood there any longer, Zain would have stripped to just his vest!

"I'll quickly go and make a call." Zain said. He walked a few steps away from me and dialled a number. I could see the nervousness in his eyes and it wasn't hard to guess who was likely to be on the other side – May Allah (God) save everyone from Laila's wrath! I shuffled slightly in Zain's direction just to hear his conversation because it would be so epic but then the nicer side of me took over and I moved back in to my old spot (*Laughs evilly at Shaitan's (devil's) failed planning*).

_____________

Zain's POV

I could feel my legs shaking as I paced across the corridor. I knew I was in deep trouble but not dealing would it make it even worse (#PracticalTip1).

I could see Aisha's sarcastic smile t but it was the last thing I was bothered about right now.

"Hello!"

"Hey!" – Usually in swings of anger, Laila would never say hi – She'd directly scream down the phone.

"How are you?"

"Good, how was your trip?" – Okayyyy...She's being too nice.

"It was nice, we just came back."

"That's good!"

"Laila, I need to talk to you about Aisha." I walked a few more steps away from Aisha's direction.

"What about her?" She rapidly responded.

"You lied to me about Fahad and her necklace...." I wanted to say more but my surrounding (currently a crowded airport) didn't allow me to do so.

"H..How did you fi...find out?" Her nervousness was evident.

"Forget about how I found out. What matters is that you lied to me." I bluntly voiced my thoughts.

"I..I wa..was scared."

"Scared? Why?" I couldn't help but think how lame of an excuse it was.

I'm not with you like I used to be. I'm constantly scared that you're going to leave me for her. I..I just wanted you to keep a distance with her so you don't forget me."

"Laila, I want our relationship to be built on trust, honestly and respect. If that's not the case, then we're not doing justice to each other."

"I know. I'm really sorry Zain," I could feel her voice cracking as if she was nearly in tears.

"You know what? Let's forget about it and pretend it as if this never happened."

"Okay. I'm sorry. I won't do it again."

"It's okay. I should probably get going, I'll speak to you later." I concluded.

______

Laila's POV