Chapter 14 - Emotional Rollercoasters

As I mentioned last time, I'm gonna start a dedication series, so this chapter's for my dear friend, confidence13!

Enjoy! :D

(Unedited)\

Zain's POV

Things were less hostile between us since last night. I'm not sure if that was because of the incident or because of the fact that we both had limited conversation. The second day of the conference was more hectic than the first. Especially that fact that everyone kept on congratulating us on getting married and Aisha was terribly confused as to how everyone knew.

While analysing things, I couldn't help but wonder how neatly Laila had managed to lie to me. The necklace wasn't given to Aisha by Fahad and I don't think Aisha would lie about that. Practically speaking, why would someone wear a locket that was from a guy who cheated on her? But then Laila had never lied to me so why would she now? I called her a couple of times but she didn't pick up and I didn't think it was appropriate to talk in front of Aisha.

I looked over to Aisha, who sat on the bed staring at the spot next to the dresser. It was the same spot where the Fahad had tried to strangle her. Damn hotel rooms. Why do they all have to be identical?

"Hey! Do you wanna go out for a walk?" I mumbled.

She kept staring at the wall until I spoke a bit louder, "Aisha, do you wanna go out? Like for a walk or something?" She looked so puzzled that I felt like I was speaking French to her.

"It's getting dark so I should probably stay in."

"Omg! Why didn't you tell me this before?"

"Tell you what?"

"That you'll turn into a vampire if you go out in the dark." She shot me a disinterested look.

"I don't like travelling alone in the dark."

"Umm...Well you're not alone if I'm with you?"

"Oh! I thought you just wanted me to go." She passed me a smile.

"No, so should we go out then?"

"Don't you have a lot of work to do? Like finalising who's gonna get the contract?"

"Nope, I'm free. Besides, I think we both know who's getting the contract." I laughed and then continued, "C'mon, get ready! We're leaving in 15 minutes."

"Umm okay,"

****

Aisha's POV

I just didn't feel like going out. I just wanted to talk. Talk about all the things I'd kept inside me for so long. I felt relieved that Zain knew about everything but on the other side, I had this constant fear that Fahad was going to do something bad.

I don't know how I reached that state last night. I just wanted freedom; freedom from the constant fear that was tapped with in me.

I patted the creases on my violet coloured dress as I looked at myself in the mirror. For the first time, I felt self-conscious. The finger marks on my neck were visible even from such a distance, they were constant reminders of the scars on my soul.

I was a bit confused by how Zain was handling the situation. The fact that he was there for me at such a vulnerable point made me feel as if he respected me, cared for me & loved me. But the way reacted today with the necklace made me feel how he was just showing sympathy; sympathy to his girlfriend's (now ex) best friend. And him taking me for a night out just confirms my doubts.