Chapter 5 - Not enough of a Gentleman?

Sonia (Zain's younger sister) POV

Zain bhai (brother) looked quite disturbed since we left Aisha's place, even more than what he was before meeting her. I actually quite liked her eventhough she didn't speak much. Her brother Ahmer had a quite nice sense of humour, I hope she shares it too!

My thoughts were interrupted as bhai entered my room, ''You know you're supposed to knock?''

''Yeah, but I forgot,'' and as usual he made himself comfortable on the sofa chair that was opposite my bed.

''Try something better,'' I responded. How can anyone forget to knock? probably when they're thinking way too much about their girl friend, ''Anyway what do you think about Aisha?''

He remained quiet for a while like he was playing a scrabble tournament in his head to find the appropriate words, ''She's kinda okay.... but she's probably not the one for me.'

''You're probably thinking  negatively because you like, oh what's the girl's name? Yeah Laila, anyway what are the qualities in your out- of-this-world i.e.  alien dream girl?''

''Just the usual!'' He responded so casually that it nearly annoyed me.''

''Bhai, We're not talking about your McDonald's order, we're talking about some living girl here!''

''Calm down sis, and I mean I'd like her to be honest, loyal, respectful and understanding of my responsibilities.''

''And where does 'love' come in?'' I asked him.

''Love isn't everything, you eventually fall in love with whomever you live with.'' This was the point where I realized that Bhai isn't quite clear about his priorities or his feelings for Laila.

''But you don't wanna marry Aisha because you 'love' Laila....'' I stayed quiet for a bit but as he didn't respond, I continued,''So far what I've heard about Aisha, she is probably ticks all your priority boxes. Some of my friends know her and I've heard a lot of good things and both of you are accountants so you're more likely to get along.''

''I should probably  go now, Good Night Turtle!''

''Turtle? Is that another one of your stupid nickname games?'' Ahhh Why are older brothers so annoying?

He just walked out laughing and closed the door behind him.

____________________

Zain's POV

Sonia has confused me so much that I literally don't know what I want to do now. I refused to think anymore, ''Okay, everything's clear now,  I like Laila and that's it! No more questioning!''

Aisha was okayish, like I kinda liked her. She looked quite nice and simple in her light blue dress or it was probably because blue's my favourite colour. Unlike Laila, she had quite long hair which were tied in a plat resting on her left shoulder. The hair from her side fringe kept blocking her view and she keep pushing them back whilst she repeatedly called me a 'cheater'

''Cheater? That reminds me, she gave me her number.'' I quickly find my jacket from this big pile of clothes lying in the middle of my room , and search the pockets to find a neatly folder card with numbers written in delicate font. Without thinking much, I dial her number and even after a couple of rings, no-one picks up.

I call again, and this time she picks on the second ring.

''Hello?''

''Hey, this is Zain.''

''Zain? who?'' I looked at my phone screen if I had dialed the wrong number but it was her number.

''I came around yours today....''

''Uhh, oh Yeah. Hang on..' She paused a second, ''We just met a couple of hours ago and it's one in the morning now!''

I had completely forgotten that it was so late and she was probably asleep. ''Oh I'm sorry about it, I wanted to talk to you and I didn't realise it was......''

It seemed like she was fully awake now,''Mr. Zain, I don't think it's very gentleman of you to call me at this hour, you can call me tomorrow morning.''

I don't think Aisha realizes how much of a gentleman I am.''I'm sorry but can we like meet up tomorrow in a café or something? I need to talk about this proposal.''

''I think it's highly inappropriate of me meeting anyone in a café. Anyway I'm going back to sleep and I'm switching my phone off so please don't bother calling!'' and with that she hung up.

What the hell just happened? And apparently she ticks every box in my priority list!

______________________

Zain is a hell of a lot confused whereas Aisha's just sleepy! :P

Please Vote and Comment!