Chapter Four: Microphone Issues

(A/N: Okay! It has been quite a while since the last update.... So here is an Easter update! I will try to not let it happen again! Also, 1000 VIEWS. THAT  IS AMAZING. THANK YOU.)

"Mitch? You look like you woke up on the wrong side of the bed..." Adam said with a raised eyebrow as Mitch walked into the kitchen. In fact, all seven members of the team were in the kitchen, and Mitch had just walked in, the six others giving him skeptical looks.

Mitch just ignored Adam and poured himself a bowl of cereal. Adam was right about Mitch looking like a hot mess, with his hoodie on, hair messy, and a sleepy look in his eyes. Mitch just explained to them that he had very little sleep last night, which was true, but only Mitch knew that there was more to that story. He had been so distracted by flying around the night before, that he was extremely exhausted by the time he went back inside, only managing to get an hour or two of sleep before (as an act of revenge) Ty banged on his door, waking him up immediately (he accidentally whacked himself with his wings too).

Mitch hastily ate the rest of his breakfast and went back upstairs, hoping to catch some more sleep. He shut the door to his room and took off his hoodie as well, his wings opening behind him. He was about to plop down on his bed when he saw the shredded shirt he was wearing in the mirror again. I have to something about that. Can't shred all of my shirts... Mitch thought, before he remembered how tired he was. I think it can wait until I get some more sleep though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mitch opened his eyes to find himself in an empty white space. With wide eyes, he stood up, and looked around. This place seems familiar... he thought to himself.

"Oh? Back again are you?"

Mitch froze as he heard the voice from behind him. He whipped around to see a girl in winter clothing standing there, with a peaceful look on her face. Mitch sighed in relief, realizing where he was. "Hey Weiss. I promise, I didn't throw myself in front of a car again!" Mitch said with a laugh, his voice not echoing like the last time.

Weiss laughed as well, and threw herself in Mitch's arms, making him flinch. "W-what are you doing?"

"I'm feeling your wings dummy!" She said with a playful, possibly mischievous, tone of voice.

"What??!?!" Mitch felt his heart skip a beat as he pushed Weiss away, closing his wings quickly. He looked over his shoulder to see that his hoodie was missing, and that his wings were exposed. "Uh, yeah, meant to ask, was this that catch you were talking about?"

Weiss nodded her head. "That would be a yes! I asked some ghosts about it, and, apparently, wings are the usual side effect to, you know, coming back to life and stuff. But I did find out some stuff I thought you might want to know!"

Mitch raised an eyebrow. "Like...?"

"Well... First off, you were not completely brought back to life..."

"What?!?!"

"Calm down! You aren't technically dead either! From what I know, you are living being in the world of the living, but you still have a foot in the afterlife. That's why you can still visit this place when you are asleep. Does that make sense?"

"Um... I guess. So you're saying that I'm a living ghost? With wings?"

Weiss was laughing at this point, but Mitch still couldn't shake off the uneasy feeling over him. "Well," Weiss began, "I think the technical word for it is...

"Angel."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------