Chapter Thirty-Five

。・゜・(McKayla)・゜・。
(MUSIC IS PATIENCE)

Marshall has gone to the studio with Dre, probably to get away from me. Not that I blame him, I wish I could get away from me too. Being your own nemesis is hard, you can't get away.

Samantha and I have been let go from hospital. At the moment, we're both in Marshall's bed; I want to be able to rest myself and keep an eye on her.

All windows and doors closed and the radiator on. Samantha is curled up in the side of my body. I'm trying my best to keep her warm. Her skin is still very cold. She's still pale. And she's still shaking slightly.

Although I have been advised to let the heat touch her skin, so all she is wearing is her vest and panties, so the heat is touching her and not her clothes.

I continue to stroke her hair out of her delicate face; it's starting to curl due to the wetness of yesterday.

I hate myself. I honestly do. I can't believe I let this happen. Not to my baby. What would Arthur say? He wouldn't say anything, he'd give me a slap across the cheek and tell me how I am a terrible mother. Not that I would blame him. I'd slap myself, only it wouldn't be as effective.

I start to wonder what Marshall's child would've been like, if I hadn't of had that miscarriage. Would he/she have been like him? Or me? Would they have looked like him? I feel like something is missing from my life. My first child was never born, my first child is dead. My first child. Marshall's child that had been in me.

I feel sick and nauseous. I jump up, trying my best not to wake Samantha, and run into the ensuite bathroom, falling infront of the toilet and puking my guts up. I hold my hair behind my head and breathe heavily. I wipe my mouth with some tissue and flush the toilet. I stand infront of the sink and wash my mouth out with mouthwash and water. I then brush my teeth with mint toothpaste. I spit it back into the sink and rinse my mouth again with water.

I hear the door open and close downstairs; Marshall must be back. I fix my hair by tying it up and quickly wash my face. I dry it in a towel before walking downstairs, luckily I'm wearing a big t shirt and some pyjama shorts.

I was right, Marshall is back. And so is Kim. She's wearing a plain coloured top and some jeans. She looks exhausted; well, that's what rehab does for ya. I look between them, confused as the girls all hug their mothers.

"McKayla? Huh, never thought you'd be fucking with Marshall." She says.

"It's nice to see you too." I nod and go into the kitchen.

I hear everyone mumbling goodbyes before Kim leaves with the girls.

I pour some paracetamol into my hand and swallow them back in my throat. I down a glass of water and let the pills enter my system. I also plop some dissolvable paracetamol into a mug of hot chocolate for Samantha. I stir it for a few minutes before popping it by an open window to cool.

I turn and falls against Marshall chest abruptly.

We haven't touched each other since the accident, since he tried to calm me down. But I want to be in his arms. I want him to love me.

"Hey, you look like shit."

"Thanks." I say, trying my best not to let my snarky comment sound offensive. I lean against the counter and look at him. He looks as tired as I feel. He has bags under his eyes, my heart swells for him. I know I'm the reason he hasn't slept, I just feel worse now.

"You were sick weren't you?" He asks.

I nod and take a sip of the hot chocolate.

"Why don't you take a pregnancy test?"
_____________________
Hey guys! So I'm hoping to stretch this story on for about ten chapters, is that okay? And please check out my other stuff, and if you have requests for one shots please just private message me! I will honestly do them, smut or not they will be completed. Please vote and comment!
-Kobi_Mathers

Daaaaang boy! He beat you with his karate skills!