Chapter Eighteen

。・゜・(McKayla)・゜・。
(THE MUSIC IS BLOODSTREAM)

His grip on my waist tightens, and before I know it I'm against the wall. I keep my body very still, almost like he's a wild animal. And if he senses me move, he'll kill his prey.

Arthur eyes burn holes through me, fire lacing itself into his voice,"Answer me."

"I-I don't know." I whimper slightly, my voice breaking.

A curl falls over his forehead, making his neat hair look dirty and cruel. I notice now that the suit he's wearing is his wedding suit, the one he kept at his mothers.

Seriously? Is that the best idea he had? To come to our house, dressed in the clothes that he made promises to me in, which he also broke, and ask me back? Well this won't work.

His grip tightens, and my waist begins to hurt. His mouth open to say something, but he flies off of me. Marshall slams him against the wall, his fists holding him back the scruff of his shirt. He growls something under his breath, which I can't catch.

Arthur's eyes widen. Marshall's hand clenches into a fist, and he socks him in the mouth. His breathing quickens and he pushes against Marshall. He scampers under his arm and goes to the door.

"Get out! And don't come back you bastard son of a whore!" Marshall shoves Arthur out of the house, then slams the door.

"What did you say to him?" The words slip out of my mouth without my permission.

"Nothing to do with you." Marshall doesn't look at me, which only raises my anger.

"Well it obviously is! Why can't you tell me?" I demand. I don't care that I'm yelling, I have the right too. Especially in this situation.

"Stay the fuck outta it 'Kayla!" Marshall rubs his forehead.

"Fine! Whatever you say!" I grumble, pushing past him and storming through the living room.

"Kayla! Come on! Don't be like this." Marshall follows. I just continue to ignore him. He grasps my wrist,"Wait!"

"Your as bad as him." I don't look at him.

"The fuck? What'd you mean?"

"You won't tell me anything! You don't even love me! But it's okay for us to have sex." I shout, mockingly yelling the last part.

"You know how I feel about you." He sighs.

I turn around and face him, looking into his eyes,"Then tell me."

"I can't." He mumbles, running a hand over his head.

"Then you should go." I look away from him.

"Don't kick me out Kayla. Please." He cups my face and makes me look at him.

"Go." I mumble.

He lowers his eyes and leans down and quickly presses a lingering kiss on my lips. The kiss is loving and gentle, but it ends too quickly.

Before I can open my eyes he's gone. And I'm alone. I walk to the fridge and pull out a bottle of wine, and then I go upstairs, find my photo albums, and cry.
_____________________
Hey guys! Have a great day. Please remember to vote and comment.

-Kobi_Mathers