Chapter Six

。・゜・(McKayla)・゜・。
(MUSIC IS WHAT IS LOVE)

After my hot coffee and warm cuddles with Marshall and Samantha, I get up and hug my soft dressing gown around my dainty body. Marshall carries Samantha downstairs, which is a God sent for me.

It's strange that she isn't being awkward around him. She's been around some of Arthur's friends, people she's known her entire life, and she'll sit on my lap the whole time and won't talk at all. Even though she's listened to his music, she doesn't know Marshall, and yet she's attached to him like glue.

When I get downstairs, I notice that my father is sat up on the couch, watching the England VS America match. Marshall sits down next to him, making small talk as the game continues. I trudge into the kitchen, holding onto my stomach in an attempt to sooth the pain on my vagina.

Oh shit.

I look down at my stomach, I don't want that bastard's kid. Not ever. And definitely not again. Don't get me wrong, I adore my daughter. She's the only reason that I've forced myself to stay in this marriage, for her. I'd hate for her not to have a father figure in her life, I'd rather die myself.

I make a mental note to go to the pharmacy and make some breakfast. I'm about to turn around to get the milk, when arms drape around my shoulders and I'm pulled into a hard chest.

Marshall wraps his arms around my dainty body, resting his head on top of my own. I feel my cheeks flush, but then I come to my senses. This is the boy who I've known for my entire life. I shouldn't feel weird, so I wrap my arms around his torso and cuddle up closer to him.

"What happened last night?" He mutters quietly in my ear.

I fear that he can feel me tense in his arms, which I do uncontrollably,"Nothing." I sigh.

"You know you can tell me anything, Kayla. Just tell me. It's not like I'm going to go ballistic and go beat the shit out of someone."

Yes you will, I can't help but think this. You'll send him to hell and you'll go down with him.

Years ago, when we were teenagers, I would've told Marshall anything. Including when I was on my period, when I felt ill, when I was having boyfriend problems, and when I thought I was ready for sex. But now, now he's famous. Any anything he does is tracked.

Years ago he'd help me fight my battles, he'd help me through my scars and normally end up more hurt than I was.

But now, if he even says something abusive to someone, it's in the news. And he could do without abuse in the papers, especially with  all of the news talking about him and Kim.

"It's nothing. Nothing happened I promise." I sigh softly.

"I'm back!" I hear the front door slam.

"Daddy!"

Oh bullshit.

Marshall studies my face for a second before muttering,"You can't keep it from me forever."

Arthur waltzes into the kitchen, a wide smile on his face. I break away from Marshall and look at my husband.

"And how is my beautiful wife?" He grins, taking me waist and pulling me to him. His alcohol breath fans all over me. He's drunk, again.

I force a smile and wrap my arms around his torso, accepting the embrace. He kisses my cheek,"I love you." He grins, then walks out and back into the living room.

I hear giggling from Samantha, he's obviously playing with her at the moment. I force myself not to look at Marshall, because I know that he's staring at me.

There are just some things that he wouldn't understand. And this is one of them.
_____________________
Hey guys! Anyone know the song on the media? Oh yes, it's Old Skool music! Am I the only one who still listens to garage anymore? I hope not. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed.
Vote and comment!
-Kobi_Mathers