2. You don't even know my name?

You don't even know my name?

Throughout the rest of the day, I was on edge. There was a growing paranoia that had overcome me causing me to jump up in surprise at the last bell, but my classmates took that slip up as a growing frustration because I slammed my fist against the table loudly, even frightening the teacher..

Going home didn’t help extinguish this feeling either. I was awkwardly silent as Parker, my older brother, drove his 3 football buddies over to our home. I noticed that Nate, Parker’s best friend, wasn’t with him, but I just shrugged it off.

Since I was letting off so much anxiety and was constantly frowning, Parker’s football buddies took it as a bad mood and remained silent. The only sound that was heard in the car was the radio, which played the songs that I wanted to belt out to, but didn’t. Even Parker didn’t question me about the mood I was in. He was probably going to interrogate me about it later.

I really wanted to tell Parker what happened today, knowing full well that he’d get a laugh out of it, but if I did told him, he would know that I skipped 6th period and he would want to know why. And I didn’t want to explain why. He also had this growing animosity towards Brandon ever since the 9th grade. I didn’t know how it started, but everyone knew about it and this caused the two to avoid each other or else fights would occur at the first sight of each other.

Parker was in the same grade as me, even though he’s 8 months older. Since he was born in October, he had to start school a year late, while I was born in May, so I got to start school the same year as him. Like me, he has straight black hair that’s medium short and messily styled bangs. He’s also a lot tanner than me, due to spending a lot of time outside. His 6’1” stature is captain of the football and soccer team, making him the all around popular kid. I on the other hand, didn’t participate in any school activities.

Once I arrived home, I quickly hopped out of the car, slamming the door behind me, stomping into the house and hurrying upstairs. I had managed to zone everyone and everything out, including my mother who was asking me what I wanted for dinner while I dashed into my room.

As soon as I shut the door to my room, my body finally released all the tension, making me feel safe. I closed my eyes and slouched down the door and onto the floor, letting my heart rate slow down. My room had heavy windows, that were near to impossible to lift up, unless you had my strength, and thick purple curtains that always remained shut, giving my room its dark purple hue.

However, there was something different in my room. It was bright, too bright. I hadn’t even turned on my lights yet. Opening up one of my eyes, I look over to my window, confused as to why each one of my dark purple curtains was taken off and that the windows were all pulled opened.

“MOM!” I yelled out, once I managed to get the door opened. “What happened to my curtains?!”

“I confiscated them, sweetie!” She shouted back, a hint of humor in her voice.

“You what?!” What the heck is that supposed to mean?

“I took them away! You need more light in your life! Also, I somehow managed to get the windows stuck, but it works because now you’ll get some fresh air!” She shouted back. I stared at the empty hallway, completely dumbfounded. I think that is one of the weirdest things a mother could think of doing. Confiscating a girl’s curtain and getting the windows stuck so they wouldn’t close. How could she even do that? Where did she find the strength to do that?

“I thought it was weird that you had your windows open for the first time,” a deep voice chortled behind me, making me accidently slam my door in surprise. I whipped my head around and saw Brandon Mercer, standing besides the window that had the arbor outside of it.