Chapter 30

Kai and I were working for three hours straight without stopping until it was time for dinner. We needed a break because our fingers are hurting, and they're red. When we finish dinner we're going to work for another hour then go to bed.

When we entered the kitchen everyone was already seated at the table. I guess Mrs. McCall had fixed our plates because there were two plates on the table with food on it. We sat down and Mr. McCall said grace.

"Amen." we say in unison.

Everyone started eating and it felt like ages that I haven't eaten. It's been a few hours since I've lasted eaten. I didn't realize that I was hungry until now. My stomach was growling a little earlier but I ignored it to get more of my work done.

"So." Mr. McCall clears his throat. "How was school today? Excluding Kieran." We all laughed.

"It was ok." Kobe says. Kai and I nodded agreeing. Nothing interesting really happened today.

"Was your first day back at school good Nia?"

"It went well. Nothing new."

He nods and takes a bite of his food. I continued to eat, never looking up from my plate. Everything has just been a little awkward since I confronted Kieran about not having feelings for him anymore. It's not my fault that we fell off. At least were friends because of Kai. If he wasn't her brother I would've been curved him. But since he's my best friend's brother I decided to forget the past and be friends with him.

He hasn't said anything to me at all today. I kind of feel bad now. Maybe I didn't say it nice for him to understand what I said. I think I should talk to him after dinner. Hopefully he forgives me, and we can move on from this. I just don't want things to be awkward between us now.

The rest of dinner went by smoothly. Everyone spoke to one another except for Kieran and I. He kept shooting glances at me every here and there. But I tried my best to ignore him.

The boys had to clean up the kitchen today, so I had to wait and talk to Kieran. Kai and I went to my room and worked on my work again. I was glad that we got a good amount of work done. If Kai didn't help me I'll still be stuck on the first assignment. Lord knows I would have never finished it anyways.

"Do you think I should apologize to Kieran?" I ask.

"Apologize to him for what?" Kai laughs.

"You know, for telling him that I don't have feelings for him anymore."

"I mean if you want to then do it. But if that was me I wouldn't, because he shouldn't be mad that you don't like him like that anymore."

She's no help at all. I really thought that she was going to give me better advice than that. Usually she always gives me the best advice. But for some reason today she didn't tell me anything.

"You're no help today." I tell her.

"How?" Kai asks.

"I was expecting you to give me some good ass advice but you didn't say much."

"Well I'm sorry. He's my brother, so I really don't care what you say to him."

"I'm going to apologize to him and act like none of this happened." I say.

"Do what you gotta do." she said.

I shook my head and laughed. She's annoyed right now but if she would've just gave me the advice that I thought she had for me, she wouldn't be annoyed. So she can't blame nobody but herself.

• • •

About thirty minutes later I decided to go see if Kieran was back in his room. I knocked on the door, and he yelled from the other side to tell me to come in. So I opened the door and when he saw me walk in his facial expression changed. This couldn't get more awkward than I thought. But I took a deep breath and made my way over to him.

"Hey." I spoke softly, sitting next to him.

"Hey." he nods his head.

"Can we talk?"

"Sure. What do you want to talk about?"

"I, um wanted to apologize for the other day." I say trying to sound specific.

"Oh, its cool. You don't like me. I understand." Kieran says.

"You know, I know you're lying. We've known each other for a while, so don't pretend like you're not hurt."

"What do you expect to me say? I can't make you like me."

His face shows a mixture of sadness, hurt and anger. To know that I'm the reason why he's looking like that hurts. Maybe I should've just kept my mouth closed.

"Can we just forget about this and move on? I don't want you to feel bad." I tell him.

"Sure. But can I ask you something?" he smirks.

"What?"

"Never mind."

"No Kieran. What is it?" I ask.

"Nothing. You'll say no anyways. I know you." he says.

"Know what? Fine. Don't tell me."
"I still love you though."

I roll my eyes and flip him off. My heart kind of fluttered a little but not in that way. "I don't love you though."

"You're lying." Kieran fake pouts.

"Well as a friend I do. But otherwise, I don't know about that."

"Whatever."

I giggle and gently pinch his cheeks. "So can we hug it out?" I ask him. "And don't get too comfortable because I'll punch you in the dick."

Kieran holds his hands up in surrender and chuckles nervously. I smile and give him a slight hug.

"Goodnight. See you later when you come home from school." Kieran says as I make my way out of his room.

"Goodnight. Sweet dreams." I blow him a kiss just to see how he's going to react.

He blushed and slightly waved at me. I couldn't help but giggle.

When I made it back to my room Kai was asleep. I shook my head at the sight of her. I wasn't about to wake her up because I know how cranky she can be when she's tired. So I just put my work away and climbed in bed with her. Today was a very, long day.

-sorry that I didn't update yesterday. somehow the chapter got deleted & I had to write it back over. but I hope you lovelies still enjoyed this chapter! 😊

next update will be up tuesday or wednesday 😊

please comment & vote 😜

*sorry for any mistakes*

love you guys!! xxx

❤❤❤