Chapter 26

Today is Colson's last day here. I'm so sad that he's leaving me tomorrow. I won't have anyone to talk to anymore and tell me stories. He's really my only real friend in here. I actually started liking it here because he changed my whole mood. I be came more interactive with people and that's a shocker because I don't do it at school, unless I have to.

But its a good thing, I'll be getting out of here in a few more weeks.

"I'm going to miss you so much." I tell Colson.

"I'm going to miss you more." he smiles. "Be sure to write me a lot. And if you don't I will have your head."

"Ok, ok. You don't have to be so mean." I giggled and playfully slapped him on the arm.

We've been hanging out in my room for most of the afternoon just talking and sharing laughs with each other. I can't believe this day has finally come. It really snuck up on me. But at least he'll be out of here finally tomorrow.

"Are you going straight to the juvenile center when you leave here?" I question.

"No. I'm going home then I'll be going to juvie the next day." Colson says.

"Damn. They're only letting you see your family for one day?"

"Yeah. I know it sucks but its better than nothing."

He's right though. At least he has a family to go to once he leaves here. I don't have nothing to go to. Yes, Kai's family is like my second family but I would like to go back home to see my own family. But I don't have a family anymore.

I'll enjoy myself better at Kai's than at my own. I refuse to go inside of that hell hole again. It'll only make matters worse and I don't need any more drama in my life.

"Are you still going to live with your best friend after you leave here?" Colson questions.

"Yeah. I'm never going back home." I say.

"Do you think you'll ever be able to forgive your mom?"

"As of right now, no. A few years from now, maybe. But most likely no."

He just nods and puts his attention back on the tv, as I do the same.

• • •

In the morning I woke up an hour early, so I can say goodbye to Colson. I really can't believe today is the day. It feels like we just met yesterday.

I took a quick shower and brushed my teeth. I slipped on my slippers and exited my room. I made it to Colson's room, and he was packing the rest of his belongings. I knocked on the door, and he looked up, with a smile forming on his face.

"Hey best friend." I say, walking into his room.

"Hey pretty girl." he smiles pulling me into a hug.

We stood there hugging for a good two minutes. When we finally pulled away I spoke up.

"Do you need some help finishing packing?"

"Nah, I got it."

"Why are you leaving me so soon?" I whine.

"Sorry. If I was going home permanently I'll bring you with me." he says.

I giggled and shook my head. "But foreal, foreal I'm really going to miss you Colson. I can't believe this day is already here."

"Me either. It feels like we just met each other yesterday." he smiles sadly.

"I said the same thing. You were the first person to talk to me when I got here. But I have to admit I really did think that you were really crazy."

Colson chuckled and shook his head. "I'm not crazy Nia. I told you I'm really a nice person."

"Well duh. I know that now." I laugh a little.

"You're the crazy one." he teases me.

"How?"

"You're very violent."

"I'm not violent!" I protest.

"Lies!" he yells.

"What have I ever done to you?"

"Do you really want me to go there?"

"Please do, because I really want to know." I say folding my arms.

"You've hit me multiple times in the chest, arm and head. I never did anything wrong. You just liked bullying me."

I couldn't help but laugh at him. I didn't bully him at all. It was just a way of showing him to not mess with me. Other than that, it wasn't on purpose or to intentionally hurt him. I'm not that mean.

Colson finished packing the last few things into his bag and let out a sigh. He sets the bag down and runs a hand through his hair. I can tell he's exhausted because he's been packing for the past few days now. Its a lot of work.

• • •

"Alright. I'm done." Colson says looking around the empty room.

"You packed up good." I tell him.

"Thanks. I'm a very organized person so it was easier for me to pack."

Before I could say anything else someone walked in and cut me off. "Colson, your ride is here. You're free to leave now." the woman says.

He nods and place his bag on his shoulders. He turns to me and a sad smile is plastered on his face. I smile back sadly, and we pull each other into a hug. I'm really going to miss this guy.

"Bye Nia. I'm going to miss you a lot." Colson whispers in my ear.

"I'm going to miss you more." I whisper back. "Be sure to write me a lot because you know I'll come looking for you and beat your ass." We both laughed at my craziness.

"I'll be sure to write you. I would never forget my best friend like that."

"Alright. Bye Colson." I tell him.

"Bye pretty girl." he smiles.

The way he just smiled at me, made me realize how much I'm going to miss seeing his smile. I watch as he walks out the room and make his way down. I walk over to the window and see a car waiting. It must be his ride.

A few seconds later Colson appears and I guess his mother jumps out of the car and wraps her around him. He hugs her back and I'm guessing his father comes over and joins in the hug. They say a few words to each other and Colson's father put his bag in the trunk.

I smile to myself, making me wish my parents were nice like that. Colson looks up and sees me standing in the window. He smiles up at me and waves. I smile back and wave bye to him.

-sorry for the late update. it took me a few days to prepare this chapter. but I hope you lovelies still enjoyed this chapter!

only a few more chapters left 💕

please comment & vote 😜

love you guys!!xxx