1 day in 5 years Part 1

This imagine features 3 of my Instagram followers

Savanna's P.O.V

Mom has been really saddened latterly, it's recently turned February meaning valentines is also on it's way. We are all missing dad very much but not like her, she really just wants him to be here for once in the past 5 years. You maybe thinking my dad has up'd and left us, but he hasn't he actually went to fight for us, he's up in Afghanistan fighting to protect us. To my little sister Emily he's a hero and to many of us, even myself, but to Emily he's basically a superhero, fictional, a story told to put her to sleep or make her happy. You see, Emily has never meet our father she's only 5 years old, she was in our mothers womb when he left.
We decided we should set up a party to keep mom active instead of just moping around the house with a box of chocolates half empty in her arms, tears rolling down her face. Around noon was when the first guests started to come, so mom had to get made up early to wear nice clothing and make up looking all pretty for friends instead of in her recently natural state of sweats, a top and a pack of tissues in her hand. The first guest mom opened the door to was my aunt shelly, mom pulled her into a gentle hug and said "go through to the so living room, Emily's in there playing" and off she trotted.

I watched her walk off almost every time a new person arrived, I felt like I knew the reason she was upset, because every time the door opened I had the same hope and disappointment. I knew she was hoping dad would be behind the door, and I knew it hurt her when she saw it wasn't him. I felt so sad as I watched her walk upstairs into the bathroom, knowing she was probably crying her eyes out, I couldn't take the thought of her practically torturing herself like that all alone, is I followed after her.
"Mom?" I knocked on the bathroom door, I heard the blow of a nose and sniffles before she responded "yes" "if you keep running upstairs people are gonna suspect something" I stopped and spoke the next part with real emotion "mom I know what your going through and I know it's hard and stuff but come on your a Mendes we gotta fight till we lose the battle and then fight again. She sniffles and walked to the sink, the washed her hands and splashed cold water on her face, her attitude completely different "let's get this party turnt up" she said making me laugh. We walked downstairs and everyone was talking to us, mom soon go lost in the sea of people and I went to talk to my friends who I had invited.

Friends were definitely allowed for me and Emily it wasn't like we'd be having any boyfriends any time soon. Dad would probably scare them away just with the words 'I am a soldier' or 'I work in the army' yeah boys aren't very keen on that kind of thing,t here scared that if they one mistake they are dead, and that's probably true. I've spotted mom a few times and she seems ok, she had the smallest yet biggest smile I've seen in quite awhile on her face. Emily has been playing with her friends upstairs away from the heaps of people that are "very loud" from her point of view.
It's been an hour into this amazing party, some of my friends had to leave as it was too late and so did some of our relatives because they had a long drive ahead of them. This was exactly what I wish could happen everyday to see my mom smile, what I want the most is for my father to come back just one day to tell my mom he loves her, because usually it's just a sheet of handwritten(GO PREORDER HANDWRITTEN OR BUY APRIL28TH) words with the common phrase 'I love you' it doesn't have much emotion to it and it hurts my mom knowing he won't be able to say it to her for probably another 2-3 years. I really hope he comes this year.