Chapter 7.5 -Weak-

-TAKASHI’S POV-

“I haven’t seen Shiro around lately, I wonder if he’s okay?” Ami mumbled as we walked to school

“Why are you asking me? I thought you guys had been keeping an eye on him.” I grumbled annoyed

“Misa checked in him the other day and said he was perfectly fine.” Ami said defensibly

“Sorry,” I muttered, we reached the school and went our separate ways.

The classroom was almost full when I arrived,  

“Yo Takashi” Xiu greeted me casually from across the room, raising his hand.

“Hey guys.”

“Have you settled back into Japanese life yet?” Ren grinned, I laughed

“Japanese life?” I chuckled “Yeah, I guess so.”

“Hey guys, look.” Ganta said pointing out the window to our right,

“What is it?” I asked questionably walking over to the window.

“Ha. Aasaka’s back.” Kyoko remarked smirking

“Aasaka? Wait… That’s Shiro!?” I gapped out the window at the boy they were pointing at, his skin was pale, his face emotionless, his brown eyes fiercely fixed on the ground, he was so skinny that he looked sickly.  Earphones over his ears he ignored everyone around him as he made his face inside.

What in the world happened to you Shiro? He doesn’t look anything like the loving, caring boy in my memories, glowing skin, shinning eyes and a huge smile that never really disappeared only growing bigger or smaller.

I felt like a brick was in my stomach, my lip trembled and I clenched my fists and tried to keep down the feeling of wanting to cry.

Moments after, Shiro entered the classroom. No one talked to him; no one even looked his way. He quietly sat down and looked straight forwards emotionlessly, he was like the living dead or something.  

My stomach churned. The boy, the boy I had loved for as long as I remember, was now more than a lifeless puppet. A shell.

“Excuse me.” I murmured quietly and rushed out of the room before the tears poured down my cheeks in front of everyone,

I locked myself in a bathroom stall. Why? Why? Why?

How did this happen? Why did this happen? What happened to Shiro?

Shiro…. Shiro…. Shiro….

My body shuddered each time I close my eyes, the image of his face was burned on my eyelids.

This was the first time I had felt such despair, such sorrow, such emotion. Like all men in my family, I was weak towards the one I loved.