Chapter 2: Protection.

Start from the beginning

"Thanks... How is everything working out? What are we going to do about food? Are there any news?" I asked him, for a moment I forgot about everything, I almost thought it was a dream.

"Well, we've made different groups and shifts. There's always going to be 5 people outside the house and 10 people hunting for food. The rest of us are going to help inside of the house and they're refurnishing the living room to a work out and fighting room"

"How many are we even?" I guessed that we were around 35 people, but I hadn't had the time to properly count.

"36, we're in groups of five that change tasks after every three hours... The only one that isn't in a group, is little Harry over here" Lucas patted Harry's head and Harry pouted.

"They say I'm not big enough" He looked really mad, but he was too cute to be taken seriously so I ended up laughing.

Lucas smiled and offered me a hand.

"You, me, Peter, Oliver and James are in one group" He explained, while helping me stand.

I felt a little bit lightheaded and had to grab Lucas shoulder, to keep in balance.

"You alright?" He looked down at me and I nodded.

He really towered over me, I wasn't even that short, but comparing to him I was the size of a freaking ant.

When I felt a small hand grab mine I looked down to my left in surprise.

Harry had grabbed my hand and looked at me with big eyes.

"So you'll feel safe" He said, with his innocent voice and my heart broke.

I glanced to my right and saw Lucas smiling down to him.

What a softie.

When we walked down the stairs, I slowly peeked down, making sure it wasn't too crowded so I wouldn't get a panic attack or faint.

"What are you doing?" Harry asked, when he saw me leaning down and looking down the stairs.

"Just making sure there isn't too many people down there" I said, squeezing his hand tight.

"Why?" He raised his eyebrows and looked up at me.

"So I won't faint or get a panic attack" I decided that it was best to answer honestly, since I'd spend a lot of time with them both.

"I have claustrophobia you see" I explained when still looked at me with the same wondering face.

"It means you feel bad when you're in a small space" Lucas told Harry, when he still didn't get it.

"Ooohhh" He said, nodding and looking up at me with a smile.

I chuckled and walked the last steps down the stairs.

There was a few people in the living room, moving furniture and Rosa and a girl I think was called Cassie stood in the kitchen, preparing some sandwiches.

I also saw a few people putting out mattresses in different rooms upstairs.

"How are you feeling dear?" Rosa asked when she noticed me standing in the door opening.