Trusting Him

It took two hours but Castiel cleaned up Ben's room with everything at its place. He then mopped the upstairs corridor and the staircase. The Winchester's house was very big for a single person to clean without getting exhausted but for Cas, it was enough to keep himself busy. Every time he sat idle, his mind would wander off to Shane and he would want to call him. Calling him would make him angry and Shane yelling at Castiel would make him sad.

It wasn't like Castiel wasn't used to all the yelling and profanities, but the fact Shane was getting angry because of Castiel would emotionally drain him. Shane was the first boyfriend Cas had, or anyone that had been close to him for such a long time. 

Castiel's parents had abandoned him just after he got into college and came out to them about his sexuality. It was shocking to him, his parents had always said they wanted Cas to be whatever he wanted but apparently there were some limitations. Getting thrown out by the same hands he had held as he took his first steps was excruciating for him. 

Once the house was clean and spotless and Mr. Winchester liked, Castiel went to the kitchen to prepare lunch. While cooking, he tried not to think of Shane and so his mind wandered off to Mr. Winchester. Mr. Winchester and Ben were the closest things to family we had had in years. Though it should've been Shane but to Cas, it was Mr. Winchester. He had always adored the green eyes that shone bright with confidence but were always so soft with concern for others, the freckles that mapped the farthest reaches of the universe and the smile... the smile that was so warm, innocent and yet a flirtatious. Or maybe the last part was only to Castiel but no, Castiel was Shane's and he only loved him.

"I'm home!" Ben shouted as he came back, his head down staring at his phone screen and fingers moving with lightening speed.

Cas looked up and smiled, "Lunch is almost ready, do you want some yogurt?" he asked him.

"Nah, I'm fine." Ben replied, not looking up from his phone screen. He put his bag on the kitchen counter and sat on one of the chairs.

"What are you always doing that phone of yours anyway huh?"Castiel asked, stirring the vegetables.

"Talking to my girlfriend?" Ben stated as if it was the most obvious thing on the face of the earth.

Castiel raised a brow at Ben, "Does you dad know about her?" he asked.

Ben looked up from his phone, "Why does he even need to know?"

"Ben. Either you're telling him or I am." Castiel said, plating their food.

"Fine. But after dinner." Ben said and set his phone down. Castiel gave Ben his plate and sat down with his own.

"So... have any homework today?" Cas asked, taking a spoonful.

"Eh. A report on some disease." Ben said as he ate his food.

"Hm... Due date?" 

"Thursday next week." Ben told him and Cas nodded. They ate the rest of their food in silence, Castiel finished quick and got up to do the dishes. Ben finished soon after and gave Cas his plate. Castiel finished cleaning the dishes and dried his hands as Ben sat on the kitchen counter, texting on the phone again. 

"So... want to start on that report?" Cas asked, feeling excited to once again getting to do homework. Though he wanted Ben to do the most of it, Castiel feel good even in watching.

Ben sighed, "Not today..." he whined. 

Cas sighed and nodded. The rest of the day went slow, Cas painted another picture of Shane in his sketchbook he had gotten from his first salary given by Dean using the colors gotten from the same. There still was two hours before Dean would come home so Ben just played some video games, giving Cas some concerned looks. "Hey Cas... the guy you're always drawing..."