《13 - Motive》

"What did you find, Jake?" Chris asked.

"I looked into Ian Watkins's case, and the guy is disgusting. More than 30 victims, most of them had pictures taken of when he was done with them, but, two did manage to stand out from that list more," he said. "Two young girls, but one of them from Oregon."

"That's where Roadkill was said to have killed a politician," Chris said.

"Yeah. 16 year old Bethany Allison Olson was walking home from school one night after a late tutoring session, stopped to pick up some food at a diner 2 blocks from her high school," Jake said. "Watkins approached her, offered a ride home, but she never did make it home. Ended up being drugged into having sex with him, degrading pictures taken and everything, beaten, then left almost dead near state lines."

Chris observed the article in the case file, the young girl smiling with brown hair under the words Teenage Girl Kidnapped, Drugged, Almost Killed.

"Poor girl," I said. "Anyone in her family match Roadkill's profile?"

"Looking into that. But let me tell you about the other victim. 16 year old girl goes to a bar with some friends using fake IDs, Watkins roofied her drink, did what he does, pictures end up on the internet," he said, handing me another file. "She hangs herself a week later in her house, her. Left behind a mother, stepfather, and little brother, who found her."

Chris examines the file, frowning at the pictures of a young girl on an autopsy table, red rope burns on her neck, tinting her soft pale skin, and cuts on both her wrists.

"Damn..." Chris said, dread and sadness shrouding him as he stared at the pictures of the  but then his eyes widen at the last name on the coroner's report..

"I'll be damned," he said, closing the file and getting up, grabbing his jacket and phone. "Anyone asks, I'm at BAU."

~~~

"You can't be serious, Chris," Angelo said, pacing his office, running his and in frustration through his hair. "Do you want Devin to eletrocute the shit out of me or something?!"

"I don't want to believe it either, Ange, but he could have had motive on killing Watkins."And look at the sketch, tell me those eyes don't look familiar. There were two victims who stood out from Watkins list, and the suicide of Amelia Patlan stands out, and he holds resemblance to the sketch Clara Gideon provided."

"Chris, Matt's just a kid! He was only like what, 9, maybe 10 when this happened?!" Angelo shouted, holding up one of the photos of Amelia Patlan's autopsy. "Just because he looks like a drawing and his sister was one of our victim's victim doesn't mean he could be guilty!"

"But we need to make sure," Chris said. "We don't know what to expect from him."

"The kid looks like he can't eve support his own body weight!! He would be fucked taking on a guy Watkins's size!!" Angelo argued.

"Angelo, I know you don't want to, but right now he looks like our most believable suspect, and this could lead somewhere," Chris said. "I promise, I'll interrogate him and you can be there."

Angelo hesitated, knowing Matt could be an unstable and skittish kid, despite how confident he is on stage.

He groaned, giving up and knowing Chris was right. "Devin's going to castrate me in my sleep," he mumbled.

Angelo got his phone and dialled. He hoped Chris knew what he was doing.

~~~~~~~

Okay, I'm actually impressed on how constantly I'm able to update this story.

Hope you're all enjoying the story. :)

♡~ sapphire.