(Egg Hunt!) X Medic (Easter Special!)

Lol, I couldn't wait until tomorrow to publish this. Oh well.
Happy Easter, everyone!

"Egg hunt?" Medic questioned. You shoved a basket at his chest and he clutched it.
"Yeah."
"Aren't ve a little too old for zhis?" You gasped.
"Too old for free candy!? Are you kidding!? In each of these eggs there is loads of candy! In some eggs there's special tokens we can even spend to get random junk from the prize booth!" You practically shouted, waving your hands in the air in front of you, pointing at the large grassy flatland dotted with pastel eggs. Medic raised an eyebrow, looking at you skeptically.
"And jou are sure zhis vill not make us look stupid? Look at all zhe children here!"
"Pfffft! We'll be fine!" You reassured him. Looking around, you noticed all the tiny toddlers with Easter baskets bigger than their heads wobbling towards the start line, parents trailing behind them taking photos.
"Come on! We need to get a good spot!" You said, grabbing Medics arm. He sighed, letting you drag him to the start line. An announcer got up on a large wooden crate, and pulled out a megaphone, speaking into it.
"Welcome, everybody, to the 5th annual Easter egg hunt!" All the parents cheered and the toddlers got into their adorable start positions, looking like they were ready to bolt. You and Medic got up in front of them, Easter baskets in hand, ready to dart into action and collect candy. The announcer went on and on about how important this was to the community for them to get together and stuff, but you zoned out as you formed a plan of attack in your mind, mapping everything out. Medic looked bored too, so you gave him a talk.
"Josef!" You whispered.
"Ja?" He said, looking at you.
"Form a plan of attack in your mind! Map a route of where you are going! We shall show no mercy to these toddlers, am I clear!?"
"Ma'am yes ma'am!" He saluted. You giggled. The announcer finished up her speech, then got down from her spot. She raised a pistol and shot it in the air, startling you.
"Oh, I think it's starting!" You said, looking at all the toddlers as they bolted out, letting loose their pent up energy.
"Come on! Remember, show no mercy!"
~cue wild goose chase music~
Medic darted in between toddlers with a determined face, grabbing eggs and shoving them aside. A little kid picked up a golden egg, and he quickly snatched it and shoved the kid aside, darting towards another he saw in the distance. He wasn't the only one who saw it, as tons of other toddlers were stampeding towards it, shoving and pushing. Medic bounded towards it, sweat forming on his forehead. The kids all jumbled around his feet and he tripped a few, laughing maniacally. Suddenly, all the kids jumped at once. Medic leaped too, and snatched the gold egg, rolling out of the way just in time, as all the kids bumped their heads on each other and fell to the ground, moaning. Medic held up the sparkling golden egg.
"Aha!" He said, placing it in his basket. Standing, he saw you, and your mouth was agape.
"Vhat?" He said.
"I didn't mean shove little kids when I said show no mercy!" You said. Medic looked behind him and noticed the pile of kids he knocked out, and several other crying kids with no eggs in their baskets. Looking at his own, he realized it was overflowing with pastel plastic eggs.
"Ehehehhh..." He said, rubbing the back of his neck.
"Hey!" An angry man shouted. All the parents started storming towards the two of you, as you both were the only one who had gotten eggs and were standing over a pile of knocked out kids.
"Uhhhh..." Medic said, looking at you.
"Run." You said. He nodded his agreement and the two of you ran towards the parking lot laughing, an angry mob not too far behind.
"Look, there's the van!" You said, pointing to the Red Bread van in the distance. Engineer was lazily resting in the front seat, feet up and arms behind his head, waiting for you guys to finish so he could drive you home.
"ENGIE!!!" You yelled. He jumped and looked over to see you and Medic with an angry mob trailing behind.
"What in tarnation!?"
"STAAARRRT THE CARRRR!"
He quickly fumbled with the keys and started the van, opening the back doors. You and Medic reached the van and jumped in, shutting the doors behind you. Tons of miffed parents pounded on the doors, trying to open them and get to you two.
"Just go already!!!" You shouted to Engineer. The van then squealed and sped away, you and Medic laughing the whole way.
"Mein gott, zhat vas so much fun! Jou didn't say ve vould be chased by a mob! I thought ve vere just picking up pastel eggs and getting candy from zhem!" Medic laughed, clutching his sides. Eggs rolled around you as you dropped your basket, laughing too.
"It was! But I didn't literally mean show no mercy to the toddlers when I said that!!!!" Your eyes teared up from laughing so hard.
"Here, I got zhis for jou." Medic said, handing you a golden egg. Holding one in his hand too, you put them together.
"Beautiful..." You said, in awe.
"Not as beautiful as jou, liebe." Medic said. You blushed and hugged him.
"Best. Easter. Ever!" You said. Medic chuckled and the two of you had a fun rest of the night, telling the tale of your fun day together to the other mercs o at Easter dinner.