Chapter Fifteen

"Hey babydoll," I saw a pair of cat eyes from above me. I recognized them as Magnus's, and then everything went dark again. 

When I woke up, Magnus was gone. I was in the infirmary and Jace was beside me. He had his head in his hands, his elbows resting on his knees. I sat up, wincing at the pain. I remembered what happened and I swallowed hard. It didn't work.

Jace looked up, letting out a sigh of relief, "You're alright," he said as he stood up. He put his arms under me, carefully lifting me up and sitting underneath of me. I was comfortably in his lap, close to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck, feeling some pain at the way my body was twisted. I ignored it though, "I can't believe you did that. Why? Why would you try to leave me like that?"

"It wasn't about you, Jace," I whispered, "I know that you're strong. You could've gotten over me not being here... but I wanted Sebastian gone."

"You didn't know if you were linked, though." He responded, his voice quiet.

"He was there, with me. He showed me his chest and I saw a cut. I assumed that he was," I sighed, "But when I did it, he told me he didn't bind us. He put a few runes on me and then left once you came."

"If he hadn't, you'd be dead now," Jace told me. He played with my hair, "Clary, I wouldn't be strong enough to get through this all without you. You're my everything. Without you, I'm nothing. I love you so much, Clary. Please never do that to me again."

"I won't." My voice was soft as I looked up at him. He took his stele from the nightstand, gently tracing a rune onto my arm.

"This should heal you up completely. Magnus worked his magic and all." He finished the rune and I felt my slight pain fully go away, "I'm staying with you, by the way. You aren't leaving my side, ever."

"Okay," I nodded, "I won't leave your side."

"I can't even be mad at you for this," Jace's eyes looked glassy. He blinked several times, "I love you so much, Clary. Too much, I think."

His gaze was locked on mine and I found myself crying. I saw a few tears escape his eyes and within a few moments, he was hugging me to his chest and we were both crying. He let the torrent of my tears dampen his shirt. He didn't let go of me until both of our breathings evened out.

I repositioned myself so that I was on top of him, my knees on either side of him. He hugged me to his chest still, and we fell asleep just like that.