Chapter 48: Quality Time

Start from the beginning

"When the hell did all of you become Kaito's minions?! It's like your treating him as a God." The boy chuckled at the comment, further playing on the girl's nerves.

"We're listening to him because he knows what he's doing. And you should do the same if you want this whole experience to go smoothly."

"I don't want this experience. And I'm not going anywhere." (Y/n) crossed her arms in defiance and turned her back to the boy, expecting him to leave her at her lonesome.

"Then I guess I have no choice..." The girl was about to go back to bed and forget this encounter, until she was lifted off her feet and made to rest in the boy's arms. "Don't worry, I won't drop you." He comfortingly told her, heading toward the door, with the girl staring up at him mystified.

"What are you doing?! Put me down! Where are you taking me?!" The female froze her assault as her holder leaned close beside her head, touching her earlobe with his lips.

"Shhh, you don't want anyone to hear us, right?" The girl lowered her volume but continued her onslaught of words.

"You can't do this. I want to go back. Where are you even taking me?" Ren ignored each comment and question as he approached his room. When he opened the door to his own chambers, the girl was quite surprised to see the monochrome colour scheme surrounding the decor. She had never seen the boy's room up until that moment and at the back of her mind felt as though it quite suited his entire persona. It was relatively large, and for some reasoning, (Y/n) expected to see a piano placed in it. However, she spotted no sign of the large instrument and barely realised that she was being placed down on a soft, cushy surface in her state of wonder. "Why am I here?"

"I want to see something." Ren quickly moved over to a desk, leaving the female sitting on his bed and ponder over what he was thinking. She noticed the boy messing around on his table with a large contraption that the girl recognised as an electric keyboard and raised her eyebrow to what he was intending on doing.

Ren gave her a last glance before focusing his attention back to the electrical instrument before him. He took a large inhale of breath and stood still as he gathered his thoughts and prepared his motor functions for his next movements. The boy placed his fingers against the ivory keys and after a few elegant notes in, his hands reflexively moved around the board, hitting each chord with symphonic accuracy, casing the notes to willingly dance in the female's ears, pleasing the senses with each emotion and sentiment filling the rhythmical performance. As his hands worked with effort to match one another's pace and dexterous movement, his fingers glided against each key with gentle obedience, and returning dutifulness. (Y/n) couldn't avert her gaze from the boy's form as he jubilantly played the piece as though it was the last piece of music he would ever hear. The girl couldn't help but feel the connection between the instrument and the boy, as both of them worked in harmony to produce a passionate composition that felt so familiar to the very first time she had heard him perform.

As the piece came to an end, Ren breathed out the oxygen he had been holding in for a while and stared at the keyboard in astonishment. Beads of sweat glistened while he relaxed his muscles again and whispered out his reaction. "Amazing..."

"Yeah, that was fantastic Ren." Despite a slight lack of enthusiasm in the female's voice, there was a clear sense of satisfaction and support in the undertone.

"No...I actually managed to play it without a mistake this time...amazing." The boy turned around to gaze at the girl.

"U-uhm...that's good I guess." The female looked away to the side, realising she was beginning to act too kindly towards the male. However, as she turned away from him she heard a very swift shuffle from his direction and before she could register the cause, her body was the object of a collision as the boy jumped on her.