Chapter 43. ( The Spirits Of Gaia )

Börja om från början

Suddenly his eyes flew open in shock. She had moved in his embrace and pressed her lips on his. Feelings overwhelmed him and his senses were filled with her intoxicating scent. Nothing could be compared to this, her lips on his, the warmth and the love he felt with it. He held her carefully, as if she could break from even the smallest blow of the wind. She responded to his overbearing carefulness with passion. She took a heated breath and pressed herself closer to him. Warmth filled even the coldest places of his soul. He let one of his hands slowly go through her curls, feeling the silky strands glide through his fingers. His breathing accelerated and his senses were filled even more with her scent.

It was most likely the reason he didn't notice they were not alone until the intruder was standing only a few yards from them. He stiffened and opened his eyes, when he saw the strange thoughts that came from this woman. It took him a moment to understand they were flashes from futures far away in time. Bella noticed his alarm and turned around, following his stare towards the woman. The woman smiled a mysterious, but joyful smile.

'Isabella, child of time, we meet at last.'

Edward's first thought was that this was Bella's real mother, but he studied her further and knew it couldn't be so. The woman standing in front of them seemed to be a vampire, a very old vampire and immortals didn't have children. Bella hadn't moved and Edward suddenly felt protective of her. Another vampire stood before them and his instincts told him to protect his love against any possible threat. He took a step forward and covered her partly with his body. Bella's eyes didn't falter from their sudden guest. She took a deep breath.

'I know you.' Her voice trembled slightly.

The woman nodded.

She must have seen me, the way I saw her.

'Do not fear me, daughter of my sister. I came to talk to you and to warn you.'

Bella took a step forward, ignoring Edward's attempt to protect her.

'Daughter of my sister?' Bella asked, clearly confused.

'Yes, although I lost the right to call her that many ages ago.'

Bella was not the only one who was confused. Edward didn't understand any of it. Bella's birth family could in no way be of the vampire race.

'Who are you?' He asked.

'My name is Alana and I am the first of the race of vampires.'

Edward felt his mouth drop open. She must be thousands of years old.

'There is much to be said, are you willing to listen?' Alana asked in a formal voice.

Bella took another step closer.

'I am.' She answered.

Edward wondered if he should leave Bella to hear this private story on her own, although it would hurt him extremely to leave her alone with another vampire close to her.

Stay, young one. Your life is bound to hers, so you have as much right to hear this as she does.

Edward stiffened again, not only had she guessed his struggles correctly, she also knew he heard her thoughts. A smile played on her lips before she turned serious again.

'Before we go any further, I must ask for your forgiveness.'

'What?!' Bella asked stunned.

'Everything you went through until now, is my fault. It is all because of a mistake I made many years ago.'

She stopped, thinking back on this specific mistake and Edward saw a very young Aro, meeting her and tricking her in giving away the future.

'I have seen what happened in the past and I don't blame you. It was not your fault.' Bella offered generously.