Chapter 14

Artura Pov

When I got back to the house it was only 7:45, so I threw the keys in my bag, pulled off my jacket and pants then laid back down and went back to sleep. But I couldn't actually go back to sleep, I hadn't been able to sleep, my eyes were closed but I was never asleep.

I tossed and turned repeatedly adjusting my limbs hoping to make myself comfortable enough to actually fall asleep. No dreams, no nightmares just the darkness of my eyelids. Throwing the covers off my  body, I stood and began pacing the floor.

Five minutes into pacing my bedroom door eased open and Maggie peaked her head inside holding her robe together.

"Tura, why are you walking around in here, I thought someone broke in." She said stepping into the room.

"I can't sleep." I replied.

Without another word Maggie walked out of my room and minutes later she came back with something in her hand.

"Take these. They're sleeping pills, they should be able to help." She gave me the pills, patting the back of my hand.

"Be sure to take out those contacts, before you take those pills, I don't want you waking up and they're rolled up or worse you have an eye infection." She said.

"Yes Maggie." I said before she left.

Soon I followed her out, stopping across the hall in the bathroom, I pulled some tissue paper off the roll and placed the pills on top. Opening the mirror I took my contact solution and holder sat them on the sink and closed the mirror.

This was the part that I hated, taking my contacts out, looking into the eyes that were  so..... Unlovable.

I twisted the cap off and slid my finger over the first contact pinching it off and almost immediately the beautiful maple brown was gone leave a traitorous gray blue iris. After taking out the other contact and drowning it in solution, I stood there staring at my fingers on the sink. I tried to look at myself but I couldn't, I couldn't  bare to look into the eyes that my mother hated so much.

 I tried to look at myself but I couldn't, I couldn't  bare to look into the eyes that my mother hated so much

"So there's no way to change her eye color?" My mom I asked

I stared at the doctor sitting behind the desk in front of us with his hands folded.

"No Ms. Anderson, no safe way. If we do attempt this, she could possibly die." The doctor explained looking at me sympathetically.