CID3-Meeting the Parents....and the entire Jackson County area.

Start from the beginning

            "Grams I didn't have a baby Megan did this little bundle of joy is Lilly Beth," I tried to explain. If I hadn't been embarrassed before, oh brother you can bet I was now.

            "Oh I see," Great Grams said while squinting her eyes and giving me a glance over. "Well, when are you going to get pregnant? Woman your time is ticking, and I'm no spring Chicken anymore, so I won't be able to come to your rescue if you don't hurry up."

            "See Claire Bear, even your grandmother agrees with my idea," Scott teased, and everyone laughed. I admit I, myself even got chuckled. I'll remember to get him back later.

            "Mother what is all this talking about being pregnant?" my nana asked.

            "Well I was telling Anna Claire needed to get a move on her baby maker if she wanted me to be around to see her baby," Grams stated unfazed at the commotion she was making.

            "Well I bet Anna Claire is happy to know your opinion on that, now go talk to some other people before you have to leave," Nana stated. Grams walked off rambling on about something else. "I'm so sorry, Grams has gotten to that age where almost anything comes out of that mouth of hers. I'm Margery by the way. It's nice to meet you. You are?" Nana went on.

            "Scott Harrison, Claire's boyfriend," Scott replied smiling. "Oh it's fine she is a character, I'll say."

            "Yes she is. That and much more, oh so much more," Nana stated amused. "Well I better see to where she's wattled off to now, talk to y'all later." I loved my nana she was always on the rescue.

            I knew my sister Jessie had arrived when there was this huge commotion in the kitchen. I looked over at Scott, Lilly Beth had fallen asleep in his arms. Megan took her from his arms saying she should put her down for a nap now while she could.

            "Do you want to go meet my sister Jessie?" I asked Scott.

            "Sure there's no one that has scared me yet. Let's give it a shot," Scott teased.

            We got up and walked towards the kitchen. When we reached the entrance Scott seemed to freeze.

            "Scott? Is that you?" Jessie asked. I couldn't believe that my sister knew Scott.

            "Um..Hi Jessie. It's nice to see you again," Scott said. Although it seemed slightly forced. I wonder why that is. Right at that moment Scott decided to wrap his arms around me in a nice snug hug. I believe he was giving my sister a signal.

            "Oh look you guys Anna Claire and Scott are standing under the mistletoe!" my cousin Katie stated.

            "Kiss, kiss, kiss," they all chanted. All but Jessie.

            I looked at Scott and he smirked.  He stated, "You better give them what they want. I don't want to give them a bad impression."

            "Yeah, you better not," I smiled.

            Scott leaned in and gently kissed my lips. Then something inside of my took over. I deepened the kiss and Scott picked me up off my feet so he didn't have to lean over anymore. I opened my eyes in shock to find another pair of shocked eyes staring into mine. Then we were interrupted, "EWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!" We looked in the direction of the ew's and saw about five little boys run screaming.

            "Yeah I agree with them. Eww!" My brothers stated. I just rolled my eyes. I drug Scott with me back into the den. I was slowly remembering why I never brought a guy home.