Chapter 1

Aasia's POV:

"How was your day?" Mamajee, my mother's brother asked, causing me to stop playing with my food and to look up at him.

"It was okay... "

"That sounds...uh...good. "

"Yea... At least she sat outside, instead of being locked up in her room." My Aunt Sadia added, sitting down beside Mamajee.

"That's good! What were you doing?"

I shrugged, "Reading."

"Well that is interesting...." Mamajee said, but he was cut off by the ringing of his phone. He shot me an apologetic smile before excusing himself.

"So...What were you reading?" Aunt Sadia asked.

I shrugged again, "Nothing interesting."

"Oh."

And that was the end of our conversation, and I went back to picking at my food.

"I have great news!" Mamajee shouted walking back into the dining room. "I just got off the phone with Mr Malik."

'The Mr Malik, as in the owner of Malik Inc.? Let me guess he wanted to invest in our company to feed his greed. ' I wanted to say, but chose to remain silent.

"Did he want to do any business?" Aunt Sadia asked.

"Not quite... Mr Malik's son, Hassan has taken an interest in Aasia, He is coming next Sunday with a proposal."

"What?" I shouted, causing Mamajee's smile to drop.

"Aasia..." Aunt Sadia tried to say but I cut her off.

"No! I don't want to get married! "

"Aasia, no one said you have to marry him! Just give him a chance!" Mamajee argued.

"But..."

"Just let him come here, meet him, talk to him, make istikhara, and leave the rest in in the hands of the Almighty!" Mamajee continued.

I shut my mouth and slowly stood up, "I lost my appetite. Please excuse me." With that I ran to my room, locked my door and let the tears flow freely.

*
After I had let out all my anger and sadness in tears and told Aunt Sadia to leave me alone, I switched my laptop on and entered 'Hassan Malik' onto Google, to do a bit of research, even though I knew who he was.

'Hassan Malik, the rich, handsome boy, who is the only heir to Malik Inc.' I scanned my eyes over the page, trying to find something I didn't know about Hassan Malik, something to stop him from coming next Sunday, something to stop this proposal but as much as I tried, all I found was positive news. Everyone seemed to respect him. No one has written anything bad about him.

I twirled my waist length, dark auburn hair in frustration. 'How could there be nothing bad about him? There had to be! He can't be perfect!'

I slowly clicked on the images and waited as they loaded, 'Hassan Malik, was fair skinned, with dark grey eyes, black hair and a small beard. In all of his pictures, he looked serious! Not a single picture showed a smile or even hints of one.

'Well someone likes to eat lemons for breakfast' I thought, switching my laptop off. I took a quick shower and put on my fluffy PJ's and climbed into bed.

'Hassan Malik' , I thought.

'Maybe I should give you a chance.' And so that's exactly what I tried to do.

*************

Salaams guys.
I hope ull all enjoyed this chapter!

Please vote if u liked it and comment if you so wish to maybe find out more.