Chapter.6.Silent Treatment.

ابدأ من البداية

He nods with an arrogant smile. Prick. Josh enters the garage and pulls my focus away from Sparky. "Is it time?" He questions, as if he knew this would happen.

"Yep." I pop the 'P' and push him to the black leather chair for him to take a seat. "No holding back Josh, Sparky thinks he can do this." Luckily his fists were still wrapped and my nerves fuel me, him being there fuels me, like I want to show off? Oh God no!

"This is just sparring right?" Lucas asks, worriedly glancing from me to Josh. I wonder who exactly he's worries for.

Josh finishes stretching a bit and shakes his head no, before verbalizing his answer. "I haven't fought for real in years so, take it easy on me will you Riley?" I giggle slightly and I can practically smell Sparky's fear rising from his body, leaving a lingering stench behind.

Within seconds I punch him in the face, leaving my right side vulnerable and suffered a blow to my already bruised ribs. "DAMN IT!" I yell and attempt to get on his weak side. We go back and forth for a few minutes, exchanging blows and circling one another.

"LET'S GO RILEY! GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!" Josh exclaims and within seconds I'm on top of him. After getting punched in the nose I hit him a few times while he tries to wrap his legs around me. I pull him into an arm bar - my signature move - Josh resists at first, using his muscle to try and break it. Can't have that, throwing my weight heavily to the mat, I stretch his arm further after one more punch to the face as a distraction. And before I know it, he's tapping out. While helping him up, the familiar feeling of blood trickling out of my nose catches my attention. The fight was fast, I have my reasons for taking it easy on Josh. "SLOW! What the hell was that Riley?" I could feel Lucas behind me and I let out a giggle, "You took it easy on me didn't you?"

"Right again." I quip while winking.

"Little shit." He clutches my face to examine my nose. "You're fine. I'll get you something to clean up your nose."

I spun on my heels and wiped the blood away. Giving Lucas a pointed stare, I state with angst in my tone, "You aren't getting into this life. You'll end up like me and this world doesn't need another one of me in it."

"I think you're pretty amazing." I feel the beads of sweat running down my back and for the first time in a long time, I'm nervous. I'm actually fucking nervous. His hand caresses my cheek and I fall into his embrace. I've missed a man's touch, I've missed having someone to rely on other than my uncle. I'm such a girl, I want him now when just a while ago I was saying I prefer to rely on Josh only. Can I help his ridiculous hotness, or his sweet nature? No, I can't do a damn thing about it but enjoy it.

"Um," I back away with reluctance once I realized what I was doing, and release a winded laugh, "The answer's no Lucas. Out of curiosity though why did you want to fight?"

"Curiosity killed the cat rebel." I nod and bite my lip before placing a somewhat warm ice pack on my ribs. "You're fighting this weekend?" Again I agree, and took another swig of amino acids. This tastes so much better than glucose and repairs your muscles. "Why are you doing this Riley? Where are your parents?"

"Dead." The frustration that lined his facial features faded to sadness. "So there's that." I wipe my face again and pinch the bridge of my nose hoping that'd help stop the blood flow that's already slowed. "I'm doing this so we can pay bills, and so we can go to and focus on school and be able to pay for college. When Josh lost a good portion of vision in his right eye he couldn't do it anymore." By the way that's the reason I take it easy on him.

"You're going to kill yourself. There are other ways to earn money."

I giggle, he's right but, "no where I work can pay me $5000 in one night. Sure I take a few hits but that pays rent and our vehicle payments. After bills all the extra money goes towards college." We both stay silent for a few minutes and eventually I stand up, apparently Josh isn't coming back. "I appreciate the concern for me but the answer is no, you can't train with me. You will not fight illegally, and if you try to go behind my back I'll kick your ass. Got it, Sparky?" Before I know what's happening his lips are pressed against mine, my knees react limply from the intimate contact. I'm a puddle, this kiss feels so damn good. I move my lips in sync with his and my hands are already tugging at his hair.