Chapter.6.Silent Treatment.

Start from the beginning

"What the fuck man?" Josh spun me around, leaving his arm on my shoulder, "What are you doing here? How'd you get in?"

He shrugs casually as if sauntering into someone else's home without permission is the right thing to do. "Front door was unlocked." I nod, it usually is I just don't think about locking it. Unless they come in with a gun I don't stress about anyone coming inside. "What's New Year's Knockouts?"

I keep my mouth shut but Josh does the exact opposite. "It's a tournament on New Year's. Riley's fighting."

Lucas' jaw clenched, he's clearly pissed about me fighting. Seeing as he was so mad, Ireally wasn't expecting him to say what he said next. "I want in." Josh and I glance at each other and start sputtering laughter. "I'm serious." Josh gives me a glance, I return it basically saying, 'I got this'. On his way out he pats Sparky's shoulder, not like Lucas noticed. His orbs were trained on my abs. "Is that bruise from your fight on Saturday?" I nod, an amused expression still all over my face, "I want in."

"Yeah, yeah I heard you the first time." I bit my cheek and figured I'd have a little fun, "take your shirt and shoes off." I meander towards the middle of my garage where there were mats laying out for when Josh hits the floor and on the rare occasion myself. He steps onto the pads, and I will myself not to look down. Because then I'll be all kinds of distractes. "Let's see what you got Sparky. Block me, and we're just sparring so no full force. I won't hurt you too bad." He divulges a gorgeous smile, I'm obviously not going to let him fight I wouldn't wish this life on anyone but damn those abs. Yes, I looked. It's official I'm going to hell after thinking what I'm thinking. I want to see him smile again, one of the few things that brightens my day. Which I can now admit since I admitted that I care about him. "I was right about you having a killer body." Mission accomplished, we both get into our stance and I immediately have to stop before we even started. "Oh Sparky, fists in front of your face, hunch over just slightly, bend those knees and tuck your elbows in. Use those to block blows to your stomach." He nods and does as I say and within moments my fist connects to his wall like abdomen.

He grimaces from the impact. "Damn Rebel."

"Don't compliment me yet, you're too easy." He raises his eyebrows and smiles, "Again. GET MAD FRIAR! COME ON!" He blocks my left hook, and then my right, I bring up my knee and he pushes it down, as soon as my foot touches the floor I sweep his legs out from underneath him.

"You said we were just blocking." I tower over him and grin, "Didn't expect you to take me to the floor."

I wink, "Honey let's just be honest with one another you've wanted me to take you to the floor since you met me." His sandy blonde brows raise before a seductive grin plasters across his face. "And I know what I said but there are no rules in this game." I help him off the ground and smirk, "You aren't going to get into this life. I won't let you."

"Then why can you?" I chug some amino acids and face him again, "Why can you fight but not me?" I know what he's trying to do. Trying to manipulate me out of this scene, nice try.

I start laughing, "Lucas you have no idea why I do what I do. You have no idea how many times I've gone to the hospital with concussions and come home with fractures and cracked ribs, even I've lost count. I'm not pulling you into this life, you will NOT fight illegally." He furrows his brows out of anger and finally realizes why I'm not letting him.

"You don't want me getting hurt." I don't say anything, I just continue to unwrap my hands. "You care about me don't you Rebel? You may even like me a little bit?" This is why I don't deal with that feelings nonsense.

Having enough of his taunting I yell, "Alright, that's enough! JOSH!" I stand up and stare him in those beautiful orbs, "Want to see what a real fucking fight would look like?"