5: One Secret Down

Start from the beginning

"Are you okay?" Gina asked quietly. I nodded silently in response.

"Hey," Ryan leaned in a bit spreading toward Gina and I.

Gina tensed up instantly when he spoke. "Leave her alone, Ryan," I muttered annoyed.

"No. Why should I?" he snapped back.

I rolled my eyes and ignored him, but thankfully he said nothing to Gina either.  The teacher walked in and completely avoided Parker, Kyle, and Ryan as usual.

Class ended surprisingly fast. I smiled at Gina as we separated, as well as the trio.  I went to class and took my seat in the front as usual. This time though, Mr. Lutskey wasn't at his usual spot at his desk only 2 yards away from mine. I shrugged taking out my stuff. I signed thinking to what had happen in less than 2 hours. I groaned quietly thinking, this week can't go by any slower.

"So, am I scary still?" Ryan asked randomly looking at the class. No one said anything. Except a jock of course.

"No, you're a fake," Tristan Walsh laughed.

He put his hands in his pockets and walked over to him. Tristan's smile remained but he was tense. "A fake huh?" Ryan looked at everyone. "Get your cameras out kids," he looks back at Tris cracking his knuckles. I roll my eyes. Great. "This is gonna be a nice show." Tris looked at him terrified and I turn watching people grab their cameras on their phones. 

"Mr. Tanner, please get into your seat," Mr. Lutskey sighed annoyed walking in right before the bell rang. 

He looked at him and while Tristan wasn't prepared, he shot out his arm, hitting him square in the nose. The crack echoed in the room. Everyone gasped and cringed while Tristan wailed.

"Mr. Tanner! To the office, NOW!" Mr. Lutskey shouted.

Ryan grabbed his backpack and put his hands back into his pants and whistled walking to the door.

I roll my eyes quietly,"You have anger management problems."

He spun around and looked at me, as I twirled a pencil not looking at him, just solely staring at the spinning orange stick and my dancing phalanges. I hear him  grumble swears as he went to the hallway dramatically. What an idiot.

Mr. Lutskey cleared his throat. "Okay, someone bring Tristan to the nurse," he said exasperated. Most of the girls raised their hands and I laugh quietly at their desperateness. "Grey, would you mind bringing Tristan to the nurse?"

My head bobbed up. Eh? I look back to see at least 13 girls glaring at me. Geez not like I volunteered to be the damn tribute. "Sure," I sigh getting up. Tristan helds his nose, blood drenching his hand already. Mr. Lutskey helped him out of his seat and started walking him toward my desk. I grabbed the box of tissues and gave a few to Tristan before walking out.

I was quiet but I felt his eyes on me the whole time with the short walk down the hall. The nurses room was locked and a small piece of paper on the door informed me why. "Meeting," I groan reading it.

Tristan whined, "How am I going to fix it?"

I groan again, "Come here."

"Are you gonna kiss me?" he asked with a slight smirk yet disgust.

"Okay we, no, I'm gonna fix it." I forcefully pull his face down closer to meet my height. His eyes widen shocked. "Hold a tissue tightly to it." He does as I say and I lay my thumbs across the bridge of his nose. "Ready? To the count of three." He nods again bracing himself. "One-" I snap it back into place and he jumps back wailing and he bites his lip.