Chapter 2 - A First Encounter

I waltzed into Starbucks. I hate the feeling of butterflies in my stomach. Was it a mistake to just wear a t-shirt, leather jacket, and jeans to an interview? I think it is. Should I go home and change? I think I'd be late if I did it now, and lateness is worse than unprofessionalness. I tightened the laces on my boots as I waited in line.

I wish I tried to be a youtuber, I still could be, but I've wasted so much money on college I don't want to be a burden on my parents forever. I wish I could be like Sky, or Max, or Ross. They're like my favorite people in the whole world, and their jobs are so cool!

"Next." The cashier said. I snapped out of my daze."

"Sorry," I said as I began to order.

*Time skip to like a few minutes later because who wants the pain of waiting for Starbuck coffee*

I finally got my [insert fav drink if you care]. Now I really have to go. I can't be late!

I rushed to the door when all of a sudden it comes flying at me and by it I mean the door, it literally came flying at me. I was so surprised I stumble back a few feet almost falling over when a stranger grabed my hand.

"I'm so sorry!" He said as I regained my footing. "I shouldn't have run in like that, it's all my fault."

"It's fine," I said, "at least you caught me befo-" I stopped as I realized who I was talking to. "Omg. You're Ross? Like House_Owner?"

"In the flesh." He gave a cute awkward laugh.

"Omg! You're so awesome! I love your videos! I wish I could like talk to you and stuff, but I have to go to an interview. Don't worry I'm not mad at you or anything, I was running too... uh BYE!" I stumbled over my words, part of me wanted to talk to my favorite youtuber of all time, but the other part of me knew I needed to be *sigh* responsible.

I rushed out of the Starbucks giving him a little awkward wave.

When I got in my car I realized that might have been the last opportunity I ever got to meet my idol. Saying I was disappointed was an understatement. I sighed. "I just better get this stupid fancy pants job."