Her Needs (Chapter 11) Penny's POV

"How was the concert, anyway?" Jacky asked takimg out his biology text from his locker.

The mention of that night made me blush. It's been 3 days and haven't called him yet, but I still carried that tissue with me everywhere.  It might sound chessy but I liked it. The thought of Blake made me feel all sorts of uneasy but pleasant feels. The sad thing is that I know for a fact that he would never take me seriously so my chances of having a future with him is slimmer than string cheese.

"It was cool..." I tried to sound casual but the excitement and blush coated every word. I just pray he didn't notice it.

"This weekend, then?..." he asked hopefully.

"This weekend, what?" I asked curiously. I saw his eyes drop in disappointment.  He closed the locker and leaned on it.

"Seriously? I told you that I wanted to go out with you but you blew me off for that concert" he was a mix of hurt and embarrassment but he still looked adorable. Is it possible for someone to look dangerous and adorable st the same time? He pulled that look off so well.

"Oh, I'm really sorry. It's just that I've been waiting to go to that concert for a long time. How about the next weekend? "

"What's wrong with the coming weekend?"

What's wrong with the coming weekend is that a gorgeous hot boy asked me out and I want to call him but I can't tell him that, can I? I should tell him, that's what best friends are for.

"I made a friend at the concert and we had made plans...for this weekend..." I sounded so freakin embarrassed.

"And....her name is?" He asked me smiling but I could see the hurt in his eyes. I've had moments when I was jealous too. He is basketball player so he is prone to getting too much attention from the guys and girls alike.

"Actually, it's a "he" and his name is "none of your business" I was grinning like an absolute fool. Is this how crushing feels like? Annoying yet satisfying?

"YOU'RE GOING ON A DATE?!!" The kind eyes were no more. This was 100% dangerous Jackson.  I've seen him react like this with others but never with me. It hurt me that he would talk like this to me. Before I could react or say anything, tears started  streaming down my face.

"ANSWER ME!" he growled at me with angry eyes.

"I don't know if it's a date...we are just going to hang out, I guess..." my voice was shivering and I was trying hard not to stutter.

"Why?" He asked with a much calmer voice running his fingers through his hair.

"Why "what"? I asked confused.

"Nothing, I'm just pissed that you are choosing someone else over me, have fun, I guess..." he said calmly and before I could respond,  he walked away with long strides. I could see that some of the guys and girls around us were staring at us shamelessly. It was always the same whenever we argued, people would stare and start rumours. But our fights never lasted for more than a day, he would apologise even when it's not his fault with grand gestures but this time felt different, I yell at him all the time  but he never does, he says that he loves me too much to yell at me. I couldn't respond. I felt hurt and pain all over my chest, how could he do this to me? I felt sick to my stomach, why would he do this to me? The tears that I tried to hold back, hurt my throat. Without a warning, the tears came gushing out. People were still staring at me. I ran for the washroom to hide hurt and embarrassment.

I opened the washroom door and stepped into a messy stall, I locked the door and let all my tears out. It was impossible to cry without making sounds. I was repeatedly sniffing and making other unpleasant sounds. No one had ever hurt me that way before. I couldn't even figure out why it hurt. I put the toilet lid down and covered it with two layers of toilet paper before I sat down to let out all my frustration and as much as I hate to admit it...pain.