Chapter Sixteen [Part 2]

"I'm officially going on the record to say I'm in love with you. I'm officially everything you hope that I would be, this time I'll tell the truth. I'm officially wrong, I know, For letting you go the way I did." ~Officially Yours, by Craig David

CHAPTER SIXTEEN [Part 2]

"Love?" she repeated.

"Yes. Love. I love you, Vesper." It felt so good for him to finally get the words out. He felt like exploding every moment he was without her because he can't get the words out to her. Now that he finally said it to her, he felt as if he was light and free. He was emptied but he was filled again. "Christ, how I love you," he breathed out, brushing the tears falling from her eyes and kissing her cheeks. "It's okay if you don't love me back, babe. I just want to love you so please let me." He didn't care if she loved him back or not because he was certain that the love he has for her would be enough for the both of them for the meanwhile. He will wait for her to love him. And even if the waiting took months or years, it would be worth it.

"You idiot," Vesper said, sniffling. "Why do you think I'm bawling my eyes out right now? It's because I love you, too." She wanted to grab him and just hold on to him—to be in his arms again—but she remembered that she was tied. "Untie me now, you prick. That little confession of yours doesn't get you off the hook. I still want to punch you."

Andray was still quite shocked and he was trying to decipher if his ears were just playing tricks on him. "W-what?" he stammered.

"I said I want to punch you."

He grinned. "Not that. The first part."

"What? That I love you?"

"Say it again." He can't believe that she loved him—he, the assh0le who kidnapped her after hurting her feelings and causing her so much pain. "Please."

"I love you, Andray." She smiled up at him, eyes bright with a fresh flood of tears—happy tears this time. "Je t'aime."

He might have released an audible sigh after hearing those words. "That's incredibly sexy, babe," he admitted, and rained kisses all over her face. "Is breá liom tú," he murmured in between hot little kisses.

"Is that Gaelic? I think that's sexier, babe," Vesper countered, her voice breathy. She felt warm all over. "Now untie me so I can beat you up," she joked. Now, she just can't wipe the stupid grin off of her face.

He leaned in to kiss her lips, long and hard, gentle and passionate, hungry and fervent. She was definitely not smiling anymore when she saw the familiar heat in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, babe, but no untying for now. I'm going to worship you, Ves. Every inch of you. I'm going to make love to you. Will you let me?" His voice was low and husky, filled with the dark yet sweet promise of what was to come.

It was all she could do not to moan at his words and yell that he just take her already. "Yes," she whispered.

He crouched down and began to untie the ropes at her feet. Then, he untied her from the chair but left her hands still bound together. She looked up at him with wide eyes.

"Do you trust me?" He scooped her up in his arms.

"Yes." It's a bit scary how much she trusted this man, but that's what love is, isn't it? It's kind of weird how love works—you just give your heart to a person, give them the right to do whatever they want with it and all you could do was trust the person not to break it. Well, she knew that she loved this man—this man who has been hurt and was afraid. She loved that this man chose to take the risk of falling in love again even if he's unsure if she'll accept him.

Symphony of Desire [Mature] ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara