Chapter 5

Previously...

I felt my body being lifted onto a white bed and felt the floor rolling forward. I turned my head, and a screaming pain came into my head, so I stopped moving. More tears fell into my ears, and Edward wiped them away with one hand, holding my hand with the other.

I closed my eyes, praying that the pain went away.

~oOo~

Songs Used: "I Won't Give Up"- Jason Mraz

"Long Live the Kids"- We Are the In Crowd

I slowly opened my eyes to hear a guitar being plucked and strummed. My head swam with colors and black and white. I gripped the bed sheets as I hissed in pain.

The strumming stopped, and two big, calloused hands held mine.

"Bella."

Edward was a mess, to say the least. Bloodshot, bright green eyes, tear stains on either side of his face, bronze hair spiked all over, like he ran his hands through it over and over.

"What happened?" I flinched hearing the crack in my voice and his fingers curled into mine.

He frowned and kissed my hands. "You had appendicitis. Carlisle said it was from the time you got really sick last month, and that caused a blockage in your appendix, and it burst." Edward choked, and more tears filled his eyes. He looked up on the ceiling for a few seconds before continuing. "Carlisle did the surgery to take it out, and you've been out on anesthesia for a few hours. Everyone else is outside. We've been so worried about you. I'm so sorry, Bella! Just for everything. The label thing, me being an asshole, just everything. And I'll do everything in my power to have you forgive me."

I groaned when I tried to sit up to kiss him.

"Wait, what are you doing? Don't sit up," he stammered, "Stop..." He leaned over to me and kissed my lips softly. I brought his head closer, ignoring the pain in the pit of my stomach.

"Ouch," I whispered as I let go. He smiled and kissed my forehead and sniffled into my hair.

"I thought I lost you. Really lost you," He mumbled.

Tears filled my eyes, and I sniffled as I heard his voice crack at the end. "Me too. Can we not fight anymore? 'Cause every time we do, I always end up in the hospital."

He laughed. "Well, I can't promise you we'll never fight again, but I can promise you I'll never leave you. Is that okay?"

A tear fell from my eye. I nodded. "Yeah, that's okay."

"Okay, I should let my dad and everyone else know you're awake. I'll be right back." He reluctantly let go of my hands to walk out of the room.

I sat back uncomfortably, wringing the bed sheets together in a loose knot. Looking back at the past month, I tried to remember what happened. I got sick last month, then there was when I was listening to Edward's song at home, where I felt the pain in my abdomen.

Rose Alice, Emmett, and Jasper burst inside, disturbing my train of thought, and ran to us.

"Oh my god, you're awake!"

"Are you okay?"

"Can we see the scar?"

"Emmett!"

"Guys, shhhhhhhhhhhhh! Jesus! She just got up, and making all this noise in a hospital is not helping! So shut up!" Edward hissed at them.

"Stop making me laugh. It hurts!" I held my side, trying to keep my tears mixed with pain and joy in. I sniffled.