explaining dan & aaron

march 24th, 2016

okay so this wasn't planned, but I thought I might just clear something up about the whole Aaron thing.

I think some people might still be a little confused about how Aaron and Dan's relationship turned out.

when i wrote arms, and wrote Aaron's character I made him this really awful guy, this person who abused Dan and made him incapable of loving and trusting again. but when i read it over something just didn't add up for me so that was part of the reason i wanted to write the prequel: to clarify.

after many of you have read the prequel some of you empathize with Aaron and how he was suffering from mental issues, and I'm sure some of the less vocal readers still dislike Aaron and maybe even feel like I was trying to romanticize the abuser.

personally I think writing is supposed to invoke emotions in you, and make you feel something about the story. with Aaron's story line I left it kind of open ended (and I think I said this in the comments). I wrote it so that you as the reader could decide what really happened: did Aaron really hurt Dan and was actually a bad guy? or was it that his mental illness was making him do it? or was it dans mind trying to supply some explanation for the traumatic experience.

I also wrote it because I wanted the read to reflect on which ever story line they chose, and to maybe think about why they felt drawn to one outcome over the other.

okay sorry about the long winded analysis of my own writing. I'm sure many of you figured it out on your own I just was letting anyone know who was confused a little more background to my thought process. 

alright the next chapter will hopefully *fingers crossed bc I'm always unreliable ~sweats nervously~* be out on March 30th.

hugs kisses and all that jazz.

-Xxx