Chapter 3

Caleb's POV

After the game, my daughter's team won and the players shook hands. Each team congratulated the other on a good game. 

"So, it looks like I will be seeing you next week?" Emerald said to me, standing up. 

I stood up as well, just noticing how curve hugging her outfit was.  Her khaki skirt clung seductively to her hips and thighs, stopping just above her knees, showing off long, tanned legs. Her white shirt had a few buttons that was undone at the top, showing off her elegant neck where a gold necklace rested. 

"Yes." I said, shaking her hand and looking in her eyes. Despite her name, her eyes were two round orbs of honey brown color. "Is there anything specific I should bring?" 

"Yes." She said, snapping her fingers, as if she remembered something. "A resume and two letters of references, as well as your ID and social security card." 

"May I ask why?" I said, arching an eyebrow. 

"Criminal background check." She said with a smile. "And also, bring your immunization card for health clearance." 

I nodded. "Yes, ma'am." 

She looked me up and down before smirking and turning to her son. "Good game, Ashton." She rubbed his hair. 

As I smiled and turned away from them, Emily joined us. "Dad! Wasn't I great?" 

I nodded. "You were fantastic. And so was your opposing team, I see." I gestured to Ashton. 

She smiled as she extended her hand. "Good game, Ashton." 

Ashton seemed shy as he accepted her hand. "Thanks. You played well." 

"So did your team. I look forward to facing you guys again." 

I smiled at Emerald. "They are natural athletes, I see." 

She smiled and nodded. "Of course. Ashton, say bye to Emily. We have to go." She lifted him up and hoisted him on her hip. 

"Bye, Emily." 

Emerald faced me. "And I will see you next week. Just call me to confirm, as I might forget when I reach home."

I nodded. "I will. Have a good day." 

"Same to you." 

As I walked with Emily to the car and placed her in her booster seat, she ranted about practices and games and how her team was like the Miami Heat of soccer. 

I laughed to myself. "Hey, Em. Wanna go get some frozen yogurt?" 

"Of course!" 

We stopped at Kiwi Yogurt and ate in the car on our way home. As soon as her feet hit the pavement on the sidewalk, she printed up the stairs and into the house, where she ran upstairs and fell face-first in her bed. 

"How was the game?" 

I smiled as I went in and locked the door behind me. "Great. Her team won and I have a job interview as an accountant." 

My wife smiled at me. "I'm happy for you." She stood up and came over to me as she placed her hands on my shoulders. "Why don't we celebrate?" 

I smirked to myself as I kissed her and hugged her closer to me. I ran my hand through her hair and rested it upon her bottom. 

"What if Emily catches us?" I whispered into her neck. 

"She won't." My wife assured me. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~