Chapter 2

Caleb's POV 

Fortunately, my wife did not lose her cool, as I expected her to. Her infatuation with Louis Vuitton and all gold everything matched, or at least did match, our income altogether. 

"That's fine, sweetie." She said calmly. "There will be many more job opportunities." She was lounging on the cushioned sofa dressed in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, with complete with Nike running shoes. 

I sighed as I removed my tie and jacket and flung them over the back of the dining room chair and slumped into the couch. 

Elizabeth is a criminal justice lawyer with years of experience, making her an invaluable asset to her firm. With honey golden hair that matched her eyes along with rich mocha brown skin, paired with her naturally light voice, many people are surprised that she has placed thousands of criminals behind bars within the past ten years. 

On the other hand, I am just a guy that has a bachelor's and master's degree in business and economics, having a range of jobs from being a bank examiner to an bondsman. I have no shame admitting that my wife has a better occupation than me, but all I needed was a job now. 

"Are you still going to Emily's soccer game?" 

I looked at the clock before running my hands over my face. "I totally forgot. But yes, I am going. I wouldn't miss my daughter's game for the world." 

Elizabeth smiled as she waved from the couch. As much as she wanted to go to the game, we couldn't leave our 8 year old by himself. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Emerald's POV 

"Thank you so much for coming in today. Mr. Alexander" I said as I stood up out my chair and shook the hand of a new investor. "I look forward to meeting with you again soon." 

His eyes smiled as his eyes traveled down my body quickly, as to not be disrespectful. 

He showed himself out and closed the door behind him, before I released a sigh  that contained the tension of three hours of executive work. 

I glanced at my clock and realized that it was time for my lunch break. I got up and stretched my long legs before opening a closet door to face a full length mirror. 

My khaki skirt clung to my thighs and butt, whereas the white shirt was loose with buttons to the neck. My jet black curls flowed down my torso where it stopped just near my belly button, with frizzy strands that poked everywhere. 

I poured some coconut oil into my palm before smoothing some into my hair and the rest into my hands and nails. 

I closed the door and locked it as I traveled into the adjoining room, my break room, which was equipped with a couch, round table and four chairs, a full size fridge and a 25 inch flat screen television mounted onto the wall. 

Perks of being the boss. 

I opened the fridge which contained everything from milk and lunch meat, to soda and juice.  I decided to have some food ordered for me, as I felt depleted enough for today. 

I glanced at the clock and it was 1:30. In about an hour, I will have to leave if I want to catch Ashton's soccer game. 

I debated quickly before grabbing my cell phone and ordering a lunch of whole wheat spaghetti and side salad with seltzer water.

I closed my phone as I walked out of the break room, through my office, where I was about to leave when my office phone began ringing. 

I sat down in my chair and picked it up.