Ch 2-Things Could Change

"I had no idea" he defended

"I know you had no idea, that's why you should have run it by me in the first place"

I watched the couple in the secluded corner of the reception hall have their first argument as a husband and wife.

I still remember Ronny and I's first argument as a married couple but it was nowhere near as serious as this. If I'm not mistaken it was about tupperware.

"Listen guys" I cut in "It's done" I said "There's no point in talking about how it happened let's just focus on how to fix it okay?"

I watch Ronny give me a thankful glance. He knows how badly he messed up and though I am trying my best not to be angry at him on his wedding day, a part of me still wants to punch him in the face just a little bit.

"Fire her" Ally said immediately.

Admittedly I was surprised at the ruthless statement made by the typically thoughtful girl.

"And leave her unemployed? It's hard for her to find something in her field here" Ronny defended.

"Maybe she should have thought of that before she moved" Ally fought back.

Damn, I thought. I like this version of Ally.

"The only reason she moved was because I assured her employment." he said.

"Okay" I said before Ally could rebuttal.

"Okay, what?" he asked.

Keana was my friend for many years. Though, trying to get with Camila after knowing I was in love with her was wrong, and definitely put an end to our friendship, I couldn't help but care for the girl.

Admittedly I don't want her anywhere near Camila but I trust my girlfriend and I know she would never hurt me.

"She can stay until she finds another job but as soon as she does, she's out" I compromised. "Is that fair?" I asked.

"That's fair" Ronny said.

Ally shook her head "Lauren, no" she said "It's not a good idea"

"It's the best we got right now" Ronny said.

I decided to get back to my girlfriend in hopes that Keana hadn't found her first. Before I left Ronny apologized for what felt like the millionth time and I shrugged it off.

I made my way through the sea of people and was enraged to find Keana standing up from the table in which my girlfriend was seated in. She managed to escape before I arrived but didn't fail to throw me a wink before disappearing into the crowd.

Bitch

As soon as I arrived Camila rose to her feet.

"Please tell me it's not true" she said. I could see the anger in her eyes as I got closer

I sighed and slipped my hand to the back of her neck pressing our lips together without another word.

I leaned my forehead against hers before whispering, "Lets go home, okay?"

I looked into her eyes as she allowed the information to sink in. She knew by my response that the information given to her by Keana was in fact truthful but I'd make sure to give her the correct version of the events on our way home. I don't trust Keana to have told her the truth.

The forty-minute car ride felt short since it was filled with stories of today's events. I told her everything from Ronny telling me about the surprise to the second I rounded the corner and was met with my ex-best friend.