☙ Chapter 1 ❧

Start from the beginning

"Get in the cell mutt," he growled, kicking me into the wall, making me yelp in pain from the silver contents.

He then chained me with silver cuffs and put another silver collar around my neck. I whimpered and he let out a laugh, giving me another kick in the ribs before leaving. As soon as he left, the other inmates of the cellar began to taunt me and call me weak and pathetic. I knew this was true. I was born with a weak body and mind, even my last name spoke of my weakness. It meant 'low' in Hebrew and it was not my given name but they had beaten my memories out of me so I do not remember who I was before I was Omega. I knew it must have been just as awful of a life as the one I have now but there was no going back.

After thinking of how weak and pathetic I was I closed my eyes and found myself slowly falling asleep. This was surprising to me but I must be so used to pain that I found comfort enough to sleep. Soon enough, I fell into deep slumber, only to be disrupted by the cellar doors flying open.

"Where is the smell coming from?" growled a female voice.

I shivered at the voice but I felt... Delight? How could that be? It was just another female right? I shook the feeling off and continued to lie in the dirt floor of the cell until the voice was considerably close.

"He is here," she snarled, "Beta Walker, find the one who this scent belongs to."

"My queen, I am afraid all I smell is death and rotting flesh." her Beta admitted.

I could hear the confusion in her voice as she spoke next, "What? Does this mean... Let's hurry, I have business to attend to and Silver Blood is wasting my time. Once we find where this scent is coming from we shall leave with the wolf and head back to Wild Moon."

I froze as she spoke of Wild Moon. She couldn't be the Alpha Queen could she? But why was she in the dirty cellar tracking a strange smell? It made no sense to me until I caught a whiff of her scent and my wolf went wild.

Mate.

"No. No. No." I mumbled, scrambling to the back of my cage, "S-she can't be!"

Then my cell door flung open with a bang and she growled, "Mate."

My eyes widened as she walked towards me and then ripped the cuffs and collar off my body with ease, not even wincing as the silver touched her skin.

"Shift!" she commanded and I obeyed.

Her hazel eyes looked me over and she handed me a pair of shorts that her Beta gave her, "Here, put these on mate."

I complied and stood up, slipping into the shorts. We then stood there for a moment and I took in her beauty. She had long, silky brown hair and entrancing hazel eyes, the rest of her body was magnificent as well and I really wanted to see it up close. It took all my will power not to go and sweep her off her feet but she did not hesitate to take in my scent.

"What is your name mate?" she demanded, not tearing her eyes away from mine.

"I'm Omega Tyto." I responded, lowering my head in submission to her, "Will you be taking me with you Alpha Dunamis?"

She nodded, "Yes. Now follow me, I have to have a word with Orion. Also, call me Alpha Calixa, mate."

"Of course Alpha Calixa," I replied, bowing my head again.

I followed them out of the cellar, trying my best not to wince at each painful step I took. As we reached the top of the stairs I wanted to collapse from exhaustion but I forced myself to follow my mate towards the pack house.

"Orion," Alpha Calixa spat as they stormed into the pack house, narrowing her eyes at the Silver Blood alpha, "I have the sacrifice chosen. Omega Tyto will be coming with me."