= sixteen =

Hello everyone, and welcome back to Flip Side! ^^

I'm SO sorry there wasn't a chapter last week. There's something about breaks that just makes me lose the motivation to write whatsoever, and I didn't manage to get one for Flip Side written due to that AND the fact that we were (and still are) redoing my bedroom. 

That actually leads me into my next topic... I don't know if I can write Cube for much longer. It's become a chore AGAIN, and that's something I really don't want it to turn into. My chapters (like this one) are short and boring (in my opinion), and to be completely honest, I'm not really proud of my work as far as Flip Side goes. It's not good writing and I'm kind of ashamed of myself for putting this kind of content out there. I suppose this kind of leads me into the QOTC, so be sure to answer that this week ^^

In other news, I've been watching ERASED (Boku Dake ga Inai Machi), and I'm SUPER impressed. Normally I'm more for fantasy than murder mystery/suspense/sci-fi, but this show has some of the best writing I've ever seen. The subtle details are done really well, especially as you get towards episodes 10 and 11, and thematic elements and dialogue are handled nicely. And the story itself is keeping me on the edge of my seat. Episode 12 (rumored to be the last) is coming out today and I'm not emotionally prepared. I highly recommend ERASED, even to people who don't watch anime. Crunchyroll is a good place to find pretty much every episode if you don't mind watching some ads. c:

As I stated above, this chapter is short and I don't really like it (at all). ;-;

Remember to follow code_cherry on Twitter and Instagram, and to vote and comment for more. Enjoy!

= graser =

My fingers thrummed impatiently on the table. "Are you sure they're even coming?"

"Damn it, Graser," replied Tomahawk, agitated. "For the fifth time, yes, they're coming. All of them believed us, didn't they?"

I made a doubtful noise and glared at the bare walls of my room, having lost count of the amount of times I'd done so before.

"Graser." Devon's voice was gentler than Tomahawk's. "I explained the theory of this to you, didn't I? They're drawn to you—all of us are, Julio and I included. We feel the need to help even if we didn't originally intend to get involved." I knew that if he was in the same room as Tomahawk, he would've glanced at his friend. "They'll be here. That feeling won't let them have a choice."

I gritted my teeth. "That just makes me feel worse."

"There's no pleasing you, is there?" growled Tomahawk, though there was no venom behind it.

"Nope," I whispered emptily. "Not until I'm back where I belong."

I was saved from another snide response by another more chipper voice. "Helloooooo everybody!"

"Parker." The name escaped my lips with ease, and a small smile curved my lips. "You came."

"'Course I did! I didn't lie to ya, bud."

"We're here too," came another more accented voice on a scratchy sounding microphone, followed by some shuffling and a gruff, "Hey."

"Bay—er, Jordan. Will." My smile grew.

"And me," piped up a lighter but more mature voice, and all at once, nostalgia rushed over me like a wave.

I closed my eyes and laughed a little. "Think."

"Okay, is that everyone?" called Devon, and there was some murmuring before a new voice spoke up, and I nearly toppled out of my chair again at the sound.

"Er... I'm here, too."

There was an uncertain silence (as no one knew who had just spoken), but I gripped the corners of my desk again and steadied my breathing as Devon questioned, "Graser?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat. "...Grape."

"Yeah. I, uh, got your message." He cleared his throat. "I want to help."

"And me! I want to help, too!" exclaimed a deeper voice, and tears began to prick at my eyes. They're here. They actually read my message. They don't even know me, but they want to help. My vision blurred a little. I love you guys.

"H..." I shook my head to clear it, grinning. "I can't believe you guys came."

"We want to help," repeated Grape, and I could picture his kind smile. "This is our fight too."

"See, Graser?" Devon was clearly struggling to contain an I-told-you-so attitude as he joined back in to the conversation. "This isn't just your problem."

"We're only missing a few total, now," I mused. "Like Stacy..."

"Stacy?" butted in Tomahawk, and I hesitantly agreed, taken aback by the sudden interruption. "Is her Minecraft name stacysays?"

I wanted to headdesk. "You know her?"

"She's a friend. She was one of the people who introduced me to Minecraft." He sounded pleased with himself for once. "I'll talk to her."

I exhaled shakily, still smiling. "Thank you guys. Really. Even in this world, you're just as amazing as before."

"We're sorry we can't be better," piped up Will. "But we'll try our best."

Murmurs of agreement swept through the TeamSpeak, and my emotions swelled once again.

Even in this damned world, they're still here. I'm not alone and I never was.

"Well!" Devon clapped his hands together purposefully. "Let's get this meeting started, shall we?"

I hate myself for making this so short and crappy >-<

QUESTION OF THE CHAPTER:

How many of you guys would be devastated if I discontinued Flip Side? My Cube inspiration is basically gone and I don't know if I can bring myself to keep going. I have 3 collabs to plan with my friends (2 of which involve Cube, which I don't know if I can do... Grace, Cass, we need to talk ^^". And Tam, WE NEED TO PLAN MORE AOT), and I'm only ever inspired lately when I'm writing one-shots concerning the animes I'm watching. 

***I honestly don't know what I'd do exactly in place of Cube... suggestions are welcome on that, too. ***

I just (selfishly) don't really want to lose the readers I have by switching fandoms... I'm kind of torn right now.

If I do end up discontinuing Flip Side, I'd be willing to post the rest of my plotting instead, so you could see how I planned for the story to end if I'd continued.

But what are your guys' thoughts?

Vote and comment for more (and to give me advice! :/)! Until next time!

~ Cherry