15.

Thursday, July 18th

Someone holds my hands behind my back as I struggle to break free. Zeke's brown eyes gleam with delight as he watches me squirm.

"No dark prince to save you now Miss. Whitman." He sneers.

Dark prince? This guy if a fucking nut job. I learned long ago that I can't wait for anyone to save me. I am my only savior.

The person holding me pushes me forward, forcing me to move. They form a barrier around me as I am lead through this giant building to some unknown location.

I take in my surroundings and try to think of an escape but find none. I notice a few of the men to my side have guns tucked in the waist of their suit pants and only one has his hand resting on his. Hmmmm.

The corridor we're in is barren and only the soft sound of music can be heard in the distance. Suddenly a thought occurs to me, "How did you know I was going to be here?"

Everything that has happened seems planned but I myself didn't know I was coming until Claire and I had our fight and I left.

Zeke stops and turns around to look at me, halting our progression. He regards me cooly and extends a hand to stroke my cheek with a long finger. I shy away from his touch and glare at him, warning him to keep his hands to himself.

"He has become quite infatuated with you. What a rare delicacy you must be." He slides his tongue over his lower lip slowly. "I knew he wouldn't give up a chance to stake his claim, especially since our last meeting."

His expression suddenly changes to confusion as he continues, "After meeting you though, I am curious as to how you always end up by his side. You don't seem like the kind of person that can be bought and definitely not easily manipulated. Although I guess you are at a disadvantage when it comes to him..."

He looks past me and loses himself in thought for a moment before focusing his attention back to me. "Anyways, enough distractions. Walk. Now."

I'm pushed forward and I stumble out of my shoes, almost falling flat on my face. The men ignore my shoes and I am left barefoot as they open a door and we step out of the building.

There is a sudden crash down the alley that we're in and everyone turns their attention to the sound, except me. I lift my elbow and jut it backward making contact with the guy behind me. He releases me and I quickly turn and luckily he is also carrying a gun.

I take it and point it at Zeke's back, releasing the safety and clicking the bullet into place. Everyone else quickly draws their weapons as well and points them at me. One gun against at least ten but I only need one shot to make a difference.

Zeke slowly turns around shaking his head and tsking at me, sending chills down my bones.

"Brave as ever but fucking foolish." His eyes fall on me. My pupils dilate, the all too familiar onyx color catching me off guard and suddenly the gun feels hot in my hand. Or my hands feel too hot... A sinister smile spreads across his lips as red veins protrude from around his eyes.

"You should've come quietly."

I scream.